Plus One

Blessen

"Mommy, look!" Blu squealed as I opened my eyes. I smiled before yawning. She had made me a bowl of cereal and put it on the tray that I had for guests who ate in the living room.

"Is that for me baby?" I asked as she nodded.

She walked over to me getting milk all over but I didn't mind I was just so happy with this little girl. I grabbed the tray and put it on the end table before picking her up and kissing her face.

"Mommyyyyy." She whined. Each day she grew and she thought she was too grown for my kisses. I don't care though, even when she's 50 I'll still be kissing on my big baby.

"I love you so much Blu Dior."

"I love you so much more mommy." She said dramatically before poking her lips out as we shared a kiss. She only wanted kisses when they were on her terms.

"After we eat I have to get you ready to go with daddy. Are you happy that you get to stay with daddy for a whole week?" I asked her in a fake dramatic voice. Blu is three years old and I have never let her spend a whole week with her dad. It's always been 2 or 3 days during the week and on weekends. It's not that I don't trust her with her dad it's just that I hate being away from her so long. Besides Onyx, she's all I have. I only allowed it this time around because Onyx and I would be doing a lot moving around since our home was finally done and I didn't want Blu getting into anything. Still, I don't know if I can actually cope with her being away for so long.

"Yes!" She smiled. "But I'll miss you mommy."

I looked over at her. She made the cereal for me but she was eating most of it. She held a small pout on her face and her hair was all over the place. I loved this little human so much. I don't know how my life would be without her.

"Can I have some of MY cereal?"

"Mommy, you have to share." She rolled her eyes as I gasped.

"You can have it Blu. Do you sis." I laughed as she smiled at me. I watched her as she finished her cereal. Once she was done we got out of bed, she helped me fix my bed, and I helped her to fix her own bed. She hated fixing her bed so she whined the whole time.

"Want me to call Onyx? Cause you're really being a brat this morning." I asked knowing that I really wouldn't call Onyx. Onyx was the only person who really disciplined Blu. Everyone else let her have her way.

"No mommy. I'll be good."

"Good." I said before kissing her forehead.

We brushed our teeth and bathed before I combed her hair.

"Where y'all going?" Banks asked on FaceTime. I was seated on the bed in only a towel as I slicked Blu's hair into two buns. He called us as soon as we got out of the tub.

"Blu's going to spend the week with her dad, remember?" I eyed him as he laughed. I always teased him and he said that he didn't listen to me but I know that he does. He always takes into consideration every little thing I said and I appreciated that the most.

"I remember." He said looking over at Blu who wasn't paying us any attention. She was too busy playing an educational game on her IPad. "Where are you going hot stuff?"

"Kelsi has a whole day since we were out of school today. We're getting brunch, doing a little shopping, manis and pedis, ya know girl stuff?"

"I can cash app y——"

"Banks, I'm fine. I don't want you spending your money on me." I said honestly. Ayden always gave me money and spent it on me just to throw it in my face. Banks had bought me nice things and he has yet to throw it in my face but we are still in the getting to know each other phase.