31. Locked and Loaded

DISCLAIMER: nice surprise for you. This chapter was written by our editor, raeesah_khan02  
So please give her as much feedback as possible, she did a brilliant job. Thank you Rae!

 Thank you Rae!

CHAPTER 31

CHAPTER 31

Locked and Loaded

The familiar New York skyline came into view, the only new addition being the bright blue beam of light being emitted from Stark Tower. It looked like a beacon, calling some unseen force down to Earth, which only a few knew to be part of the actual truth.

Agents Barton and Romanoff were upfront flying the quinjet whilst Claire and Steve were strapped in at the back. "What are we supposed to be doing again?" the Doctor, largely out of her element, inquired. "Well don't all answer at once," she mumbled to herself, her question remaining unanswered.

"Stark, we're on your three, headed northeast," Natasha relayed their position to Tony on comms. He'd gone on ahead for a necessary wardrobe change, ever the eager beaver.

"What? Did you stop for drive-through?" he remarked.

"Yeah, sorry, did you want something?" Claire shot back without missing a beat.

Clearly occupied by his being chased by several enemy combatants, he chose to let that one slide. "Swing up Park. I'm going to lay them out for you."

Clint changed course accordingly while Natasha got their guns primed. A trail of smoke was all that remained of Tony as he whooshed by, the machine gun taking care of his persistent assailants. They circled Stark Tower, taking out more Chitauri as they climbed higher. Claire tried to make out what the aliens looked like, straining to catch a glimpse as they flashed by. Instead, they were met with the sight of Thor and Loki in the midst of fighting each other, none seeming to have the upper hand.

"Nat?" warned Clint.

"I see him."

The pair understood each other perfectly as Clint swung the quinjet to face the brothers below whilst Natasha prepared to take aim. "Time for some payback!" Claire cheered, eager to give Loki a taste of his own medicine. She was a bit unsure if bullets would do him any damage, but God or not he was about to feel her wrath.