Chapter 9- A Captain and Eight Men

Ever since I was revealed to be a part of the MCG, the news reporters were all over me. I was shown as the good-bad girl, practicing evil magic and magic that I don't even know how to possess. Fairy Godmother always shooed them away, but they would get on my nerves when they had the chance.

And ever since the four went over to the Isle to get their talisman and I went with them, Ben's been sneaking me over there. No one knew, not even my boyfriend. The only reason I went over there the first time with Ben was because I had to get information from Jafar.

I had been going there ever since to learn with Jafar.

It wasn't ideal, since I was controlling and using my powers with a villain, but he was the expert. He also enjoyed my company. I can't tell if it's because I look like my mother, or if it's because our powers are a way to understand each other.

Lonnie dragged me to the Amphitheater one afternoon. We changed into extra uniforms for R.O.A.R. and snuck into the circle. I unintentionally went against my boyfriend, as Lonnie was tagged out by Chad at the last second. I grabbed his sword, and he kicked it out of my hand. He yielded and lifted his sword.

"(Y/n)?" Jay said, out of breath.

"Lonnie dragged me into this," I mumbled as I lifted my mask.

"Told you. You're good at this," Lonnie said. She faced Jay. "You should put her on the team."

"Hey, wha—What? No, no, no, no. We'd be the laughingstock of the league. And what's going to happen next? Girls playing tourney?"

"May I remind you, I can still accidentally hit you with my stick again," I said, making Jay smile.

"So what?" Jay asked Chad.

"So what? Have you not read the rulebook?" Chad questioned. "Section two, paragraph three, eleven-dash-four. A team will be comprised of a captain and eight men. Hm?"

"Yeah, but you're down a man!" Lonnie argued. "You know, since Ben had to leave to do all that king stuff."

"Besides, Jay would automatically put you on the team because you're his girlfriend. Even if you are bad," Chad snapped.

"Hey," Jay said, standing in front of me. "I don't play favorites. I always prioritize. And Coach trusts me. I'm not going to stay captain if I just throw out the rule book."

"Thank you for considering me," I said, smiling at Jay's wide eyes.

"If my mother thought that way, she would have lost the war," Lonnie snapped.

"Lonnie-"

"No, (Y/n). The rulebook is completely sexist, and it's unfair," Lonnie hissed as we walked out of the Amphitheater.

"Well, until us, no one's really wanted to step forward and play sports, especially women. Women are expected to go ballroom dancing and learn to sew." I rolled my eyes. "I hope we can find something-"

"(Y/n)!" Jay called after me. He was sweating from practice. Lonnie walked away, not wanting to hear what he had to say. He kissed my forehead, holding my waist. "I'll find a way for you to be on the team. You're a great fighter-"

"Jay. I appreciate it, but you don't need to do it. The MCG is on my back about my transformations, and school is piling up as it is. Besides, when will we get some alone time?" I took a deep breath. "We'll worry about it later. For right now, it's the least of our worries."

"You took me down. And I'm the team captain. You're the best player at Tourney. You'd be a great player, (Y/n). Have some faith in me," Jay said.

I sighed. "I won't give up."

Jay smiled. "I'll see you later, okay?"

I nodded. He kissed my cheek and left, making me blush. A couple more months to a year. And it was amazing.