Chapter 29- The Royal Wedding

My wedding was a month after Mal's. But for right now, let's focus on that.

"To the united," Evie reminded her as we walked into the room.

"Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. To the, the, the United States of Auradon and the Isle of the Lost."

Dizzy squealed in excitement. "You got this!"

"Easy. So easy," Mal said.

I helped Evie steady the bouquet of flowers. Together, we placed the flowers on a table. Audrey opened the door, surprising me.

"Fun fact, that bouquet is made up of every single flower grown in Auradon," Audrey explained.

"Including jasmines grown in my backyard," I added.

"Oh, really?" Mal questioned, intrigued.

"Yeah, but wouldn't it be nice if people saw the dress, too? Some people worked very hard on it. And I mean me. I'm some people," Evie explained.

"And the hair! Don't forget the hair," Dizzy reminded them.

"And some people have other things to worry about," Audrey reasoned. "Like thousands of invites, food, flowers, seating charts, entertainment. Hello?" Audrey said into her earpiece. "Are the doves here yet? What do you mean you don't know?" She turned to us. "I'm doing my best."

"Audrey, you have been an amazing wedding planner," Mal assured her.

"The wedding is going to be perfect," Evie said.

"Beyond perfect," I corrected her. "I mean, all my friends are going to be there, even my dad is coming..."

"Don't forget your mom." Evie pulled the slightly bigger lizard out of her purse. She placed a hat on the wiggling reptile. "There. I almost forgot."

Dude growled at Maleficent. "Dude! No growling at the mother of the bride!"

"Sorry. I can't help it. It's instinct! Take it up with mother nature!" Dude protested.

Maleficent escaped her grip and crawled away. Dude ran after her. Audrey followed, but was stopped at the door. My eyes widened in panic. I pushed Audrey in and shut the door, leaving Ben and me outside.

"Sorry, Ben. Not allowed to see your bride. It's supposedly bad luck on the day of the wedding," I explained. "She's fine. Everything is fine. We just need to catch your mother-in-law."

"Then let's go do that," Ben said, running down the hallway.

I smiled, changing out of my dress using my magic. I changed into my Isle look and ran after Ben. Mochi slithered ahead of me as we ran out and around the castle. Jay was practicing greeting people at the door.

I stopped when I reached the entrance and called for Mochi. She turned into my staff. Maleficent was sent into my hand, making Ben and Jay stare at me in awe.

"New spell?" Ben asked.

"Genie and Jafar combined. Genie to summon, Jafar and hypnotism to keep her calm," I explained, showing the relaxed lizard in my hand.

We looked at the Great Hall when we heard screaming. People ran out as smoke filled the room. I heard the rushing of water spreading around the place.

"Hades! I got it!" Melody assured him, making me curious.

The smoke finally cleared, and I saw Melody and Hades in the room. The latter stormed out, growling furiously. Ben and Uma ran off. I ran in. Melody had doused the hall in water. Only some of the banners were slightly singed at the end, but that was it.

Jay and I ran to Mal's room. Melody was watching the hall. Jay shut the door to Mal's room.

"It's chaos out there!" Jay said.

"What's going on?" Mal questioned.

"It's Hades," I explained. "He singed some of the Great Hall."

"If it helps, I tried to be friendly. I mean, he bared his teeth, which is kind of like smiling," Jay reasoned.

Mal sighed, closing her eyes in disappointment.

"I know how disappointed you are," Evie assured her. "But we'll be here."

"I'm not disappointed, because my dad would never purposefully ruin my wedding. This is just some kind of big understanding, okay?" Mal said.

"Misunderstanding? The wedding is on fire," Jay protested.

"M, if it was a mistake, why did he run away? Even if his heart is in the right place, maybe it would be smoother if he wasn't there," Evie reasoned.

"Well, I'm not getting married without him!" Mal argued. "My father is walking me down that aisle, and I am going to find him and talk to him myself."

"M, you're not running off to the Isle on your own!" I snapped.

"Well, then come with me. If anyone can bring him back, we can," Mal decided.

"Because we're rotten."

"To the core."