Chapter 14- The Left, The Right, and The Space Between

Her seashell necklace glowed under the water. A whirlpool gathered, flowing upward. Jay grabbed my hand, standing in front of me. The water burst out. Uma was a cecaelia. She laughed maniacally. We were drenched in sea water, which singed my skin from the salt.

"True love's kiss won't defeat this." Uma grinned. "The world will know my name!"

One of her tentacles whipped at us, causing us to duck. Mal grabbed onto me for support. She stomped over to the side, gripping my hand. Her eyes glowed bright green as mine glowed ruby red. Mochi transformed into my hand.

"(Y/n)?"

"Mal?"

Purple smoke surrounded Mal, as red smoke surrounded me. I felt myself grow, and everything became smaller. I dove into the water, not wanting to hurt anyone on the boat.

Jafar apparently had the power of shape-shifting. I was a sea dragon.

Mal hovered above me as I blew fire at Uma. Uma grinned, staring at us. She underestimated me and her arch-rival.

"Come on, Mal! Let's finish this once and for all!"

I ducked into the water. Mal blew fire across the way, nearly hitting Uma. Uma ducked into the water, dodging a fireball. I prevented Uma from spraying the boat with water. Ben roared into the night, making me look at him.

He dove into the water. I dove and caught him on my head. He grabbed onto me. I brought him to the surface. He held onto my cheek as he floated between the two girls.

"Mal, Uma! Stop, back down!"

Uma laughed. "What are you gonna do, Ben? Splash me?" Uma mocked.

"That's enough!" Ben snapped. "You've got to stop this. This isn't the answer. The fighting has got to stop. Nobody wins this way. We have to listen and respect each other. It won't be easy, but we can be brave enough to try." He faced the cecaelia. "Uma, I know you want what is best for the Isle. Help me make a difference." Ben held out his hand.

Uma reached a tentacle out. She placed something glittering in his hand. Uma sank into the water, leaving me bewildered. Ben patted my head and pointed toward the boat. I nodded and helped him over. Jay let down a ladder, and Ben grabbed onto it.

Everyone cheered as Mal and I landed on the dock. Red magic swirled around me, changing me back. We stood on the boat, side by side. Our dresses were a lot more... us than they were before.

Ben and Jay were in awe. The gold in my hair matched perfectly with my jawline. It was curled like Mal's. Mal smiled and waved, amazed at how her magic had changed her.

Guards helped Mal and me down the steps. Jay took my hand and stared at me for a moment. He twirled me, making me giggle.

"This is definitely more you," Jay breathed.

"Thank you, Jayden," I replied, kissing his cheek.

"I owe you guys so much," Ben stated.

"Just a bit," I teased over the talking.

"If there is anything you need, or anything I can do-"

Evie stepped forward. "Um, actually, there is, Ben. I know a girl who would really like to come to Auradon. It's Drizella's daughter, Dizzy. She's like a little sister to me," Evie explained.

"Then she should come," Ben decided.

"Okay." Evie grinned. "Okay. Actually, um, Ben, there's actually a lot of kids who would really love it here in Auradon. Kids like us who all deserve a second chance. Can I maybe get you... a list?"

"Yes. Yes! Absolutely," Ben agreed. "Please."

A guard walked up to Mal. "Lady Mal. We found your spell book below deck. Uma had it."

Mal looked at me for a moment. "You know, this seems like the kind of thing that belongs in the hands of Fairy Godmother. Fairy Godmother?"

"That's me. Thank you. Mm-hm."

"This belongs in the museum," Mal decided.

"It does, yes. And I am going to take it."

"Go for it." Mal looked at Ben. "I'm not going to be needing it anymore." Mal kicked water at Ben, making him jump back. Ben kicked back, making Mal scream in surprise.

Everyone cheered as Mal tilted Ben's crown.