Chapter 20- Jafar

"Mal, it's all you! My age is apparently taking a toll on my magic," I shouted as we approached the edge facing the Isle.

Mal's eyes glowed green. "Noble steed, proud and fair, you shall take us anywhere."

Our bikes skimmed across the water toward the Isle. I rode next to Jay, my hands killing me. I almost cried in pain when the barrier washed over me. I then felt relieved, like when I practiced my magic freely.

We drove through an alleyway and parked in front of a railing. I noticed that my hands were a lot smoother. Mochi made the cobra staff transform so that it was a live snake as well; both of which were hiding in the seat of my bike.

"Hey! I'm me again!" Mal said, grinning.

"Duh. Evil magic doesn't work here. Kinda the point," Celia snapped.

I grinned as I looked up at Jay. He grinned and kissed me quickly. I ran to catch up with the group. Jay held my waist as we walked into the arcade. I looked around. They turned old arcade games from Auradon and renovated them into villain games.

We walked out of the arcade. I immediately glared at the group. Pirates were on our bikes.

"Long time, nay see!"

"Get off my bike, Hook!"

"Catch me if you can, Jay!"

I climbed up a ladder, chasing after the pirate on my bike. He grinned at me, but then grew worried as I got closer and closer. I was relentless. My defense against Audrey was in that bike. Finally, he ditched only to let it crash into an alley corner. I jumped down from the roof and got the two snakes out before the bike exploded.

"I'm sorry, Mochi. I'm so sorry," I said in relief, kissing the top of my companion's head. She hissed at me, obviously not pleased with the joy ride.

I caught up with Jay after a couple of minutes. He was fuming. And right where I deeply wanted to visit. The snakes wrapped up my arm as I took steps toward the bargain shop.

"(Y/n), are you sure?" Jay asked, grabbing my shoulder.

I nodded. He let go, and I opened the door. It was small and dank. Jay stayed at the door.

"Jafar? Jafar, it's me," I called out.

"Come here, (Y/n)."

I made my way further into the shop. Jafar was working at a table. It looked like he was dealing with something red and teal, which made me curious. He looked up at me. "I know my son is here. Bring him in."

"What do you want, Dad?" Jay asked a couple of feet away.

Jafar beckoned him over. They talked in hushed whispers until Jay shoved something into his pockets. He stormed out of the shop, making me worried.

"My son and I never had the best relationship," Jafar explained.

"From what Jay told me, you never had a relationship," I explained. I sighed. "Since I'm on the Isle, I wanted to thank you."

Iago squawked. "Saying thank you is useless."

"No crackers," I mumbled, making Jafar smile. I fished a fresh apple out of my bag. "Want one, Iago?"

Iago squawked. I carefully fed it to the old parrot. When I turned back to Jafar, he had a pair of blue turquoise earrings in his hand. I smiled, admiring them.

"My treat," Jafar insisted, placing them in my hand.

I slid the earrings on. The cobra looked at Jafar. I held my arm out. Jafar stroked the head, like he was greeting an old friend.

"(Y/n), come on," Jay called.

"Coming," I called. "Goodbye, Jafar. Thank you."

"Of course."