-one-

It was a dull day. The weather was pleasant, but it wasn't exactly appealing. It didn't make me feel like going out and taking a stroll through the streets that stood silent and empty as ever. I was lying in bed, gazing at the small clouds that crowded the sky. The evening sky was always a sight worth seeing. I grabbed my phone from the stand beside my bed and checked the time which read 6 pm. I heaved out a sigh and got up from my bed. I wore my slippers and headed out. As soon as I stepped out of my room, I wondered whether I was ready to face people. I was used to being alone for most of the time. I didn't really like any type of attention from people.

"Hey, how you doing?" that was my dad. I live with my dad. It's just the two us now. Don't pity me. It's awful to be pitied or to be looked at with sympathy. "Hey dad! I'm good." He came to me and patted my head. I motioned forward and took a seat on the stool at the kitchen counter. "You look," there was a pause "neat, handsome and clean" I said surprised at his form. He was wearing a pair of formal clothes which was a very rare sight for me. He looked young as if he was my age. After all, he was the dad of a pretty girl. "Are you going somewhere?" I questioned. He frowned. "You forgot, didn't you?" he said, making me confused. I stared into space for a while trying to recall what l had forgotten. "Today's the day of the Formal Business Dinner Party." He said. " Ahh yes right. Totally skipped my mind haha." I chuckled nervously.

"Here, have some milk." he gave me some milk and stood on the opposite side of the counter, supporting his frame by keeping his hands on either side of the counter. He was looking at me with a very serious gaze. Oh boy, am I in trouble?  "Dad," I straightened my posture "why are you looking at me like that?" I asked him, sipping onto the milk in the mug. He paused, probably thinking whether he should tell me on not. "Nothing, just been thinking about a lot of things lately. About how you are always locked up in your room and never come out anymore." He said. I knew where this was headed to. "Dad-" "No Y/n, let me finish. Everyday you keep yourself locked away from everyone. You wake up in the morning, go to school, come back, study, eat, sleep and repeat. Your life isn't exciting anymore. You need to come out of your shell young lady." He said.

Well, he was right. Being an introvert was costing me my whole life. Ever since my life took a turn, I didn't even try living for once. I have been locking myself away from everyone. The only people I talk to are dad and Won-Jin. They, for real are my best friends. But, was I ready to meet any new people? To let someone enter my life?

Maybe it's time for me to ease and open up.

"You're right dad. I need to start living a life that I can miss when I look back." I broke the uncomfortable silence. Dad looked at me and I could tell that he was proud to hear those words coming out from my mouth. "I'm glad you and I are on the same page. I'll be back before midnight. Have fun. Ease up a little." He commented and left me alone in the apartment.

And ladies and gentlemen this is how I ended up inviting Won-Jin over.

"So you're telling me to teach you now to enjoy life?" she practically yelled out in surprise. I told her about the conversation I shared with dad. I nodded at her words. "You wanna ease up in the last year of school?" she asked, surprised. I nodded. "Are you sure you're the same Y/n who never even thought of doing anything apart from studies?" she muttered. "Stop reacting so much Won-Jin. Dad made me realize what all I've been missing. I know I'm late but it's important for me to have a bit of a jolly time in my life." She was stunned to hear those words coming out of my month. "Unbelievable. The tables have turned." She dramatically gasped. "Are you helping me or not?" I rolled my eyes at her.

"Of course. I mean this is the first time I get to help you with something." She said, proud. "What's the first step?" I asked, enthusiasm lingering around my thoughts. She excitedly came and took a seat in front of me. "Let's start with making a bucket list." She said. I got confused. "What's a bucket list?" I asked her. She looked at me shockingly. "Why did I expect you'd know about it?" she mumbled. "I heard that." I said. "I was looking forward to it." She said sarcastically. "Oh come on! Tell me already!" I whined. "Geez, hold your horses." she paused. "A bucket list is a list -" "Wow Won-Jin, I didn't know it was a list." she eyed me. "Shall I speak? " she turned serious. I gulped.

Angry Won-Jin can be very scary.

"So, it is a list in which you include activities that you wanna do for fun. You can include stuff like shopping , spa , going to London, attending a concert etc." she said.

Okay, so basically, I had to make a list of stuff that I'd enjoy.

Easy , peesy. . .

Right?