-seven-

I've been sitting at the bleachers for over 30 minutes now while I watch Taehyung play basketball. I keep glancing at the watch from time to time to keep track of it. I huffed out a breath because it was, in a way, quite boring. Taehyung looked like a professional when it came to basketball, he never failed to grab attention with his ways of playing. He might've seen me simply sitting so he ran to me. "Aren't you joining me?" He asked. "I don't know how to play basketball." I shuffled in my seat. "It's okay, I don't judge plus there's only the two of us out here. You won't have to feel embarrassed if you fell or made some mistake. Come on now." He went back to the court as I followed behind him. When I reached the court, he handed the ball over to me. "What do I do with this?" I asked. "Hit a basket." He spoke. I unconsciously looked over at the basket and aimed at it to let the ball hit a basket. I threw the ball and surprisingly, it was a basket. "OH?" I jumped anxiously in excitement.

"Okay now, you try to snatch the ball from my hand and hit a basket for yourself." He stated and divided courts. I tied my hair in a bun to be more comfortable. "Let's do this." We both said at the same time.

The ball was with Taehyung, and he kept dribbling the ball, when he reached his court, he attempted to hit a 3-pointer basket but failed. I saw it as a great opportunity and went after the ball, as the ball hit the ground, I caught it and dribbled it to my side of the court. He was right behind me, and he was really quick. He almost snatched the ball from my hands, but I hit a basket. "WOAH!" I exclaimed in pure proudness and delight. This continued for the next 70 minutes. And all of this time we spent our time with giggles and bundles of touches of laughter.

"Can we take a rest now?" I asked. He nodded his head as a yes and I went and sat down for some time. I drank some water and watched Taehyung play. I glanced at my watch and realized that the teacher must reach the library anytime soon. Panic rushed through me. "Hey Taehyung, should we go back?" I shouted and asked him. "Why so early?" He asked. "Detention gets over in 10 minutes, I feel like we must return now," I explained.

He hit one last basket and asked me to go with him to the library. I followed behind him and soon we reached the library's window. We leaped through the window together and entered the library. However, the teacher was still not there. I looked at Taehyung who simply sat next to me on the next seat. My eyes wandered off to his wound. I instantly remembered that he had gotten hurt on the rooftop today. I fetched the first aid from my bag and slid near to him.

"Show me your hand," I spoke. He didn't put his hand forward. I looked up to match the level of his eyes and he was already looking at me. That did something to me I had never experienced. I grabbed his hand and began examining his injury. "That is one big cut," I said. I looked for the ointment and when I found it, I put his hand in my lap and opened it. I took some of it on my finger and applied it over his injury. I did all of it with all the dedication that I could ever collect. Maybe it wasn't very painful because Taehyung neither flinched nor winced. Or maybe he was just very strong. "All done," I cheered and looked up at him. "You will have to repeat the process with a new bandage at night too Taehyung." I guided him but he said nothing and kept looking at me.

"Are you trying to be kind to me? Are you trying to sympathize with me?" He suddenly asked. "No, this is what I'm like. I am very caring in general, and it affects me when someone I know is hurting. I just know how it feels like to be when you're devoid of a friend in your life and there's no one to save you from the tiny space you began living in your head. Let me tell you it's an awful feeling. And I don't wish for anyone else near me to go through this feeling. Maybe, I'm trying to tell you that everything wrong right now will ultimately be okay and that I promise to be with you forever just to ensure that you don't slip into the weird phase of your head." I smiled at the end. He looked at me with certain softness glinting in his eyes. That was a first for me. But he immediately turned to his usual self.