-nine-

(The next day)

"Students, this is to notify you that the annual school trip will be taking place very soon. The trip will last for an entire week. Till now only the location for the trip has been revealed. The location is Jeju Island. This year's trip will be sponsored by the school management so no student will have to pay for any expenses. However, for your convenience, you can carry your own money. Further details will reach you via another notice very soon. " Read the notice put up freshly on the school's notice board.

I was well aware of the fact that the school used to organize an annual school trip every year. This year they're taking us to Jeju, last time they offered to take us to Daedunsan. I had never been on a real school trip. Locking myself up was the yearly school trip for me. 

I made my way through the noisy corridors and entered my classroom. I saw that Taehyung was already sitting in his seat (besides my place), his head buried in his arms. I glanced at my watch to check if I was late, but the watch read 7:50 AM signaling that I had arrived ten minutes before the commencement of the first class. I walked to my seat, kept my books on the table, and began reading the book randomly. "Students," An unknown teacher entered the room "Your mathematics teacher is on leave today. You can kindly utilize this time in studying or you can spend your time in the gymnasium. It is up to you." announced the teacher and left. I didn't mind his announcement and continued studying. For some reason, I was beginning to feel sleepy. My head was supported by one of my hands while my other hand flipped the pages of the book. 

I was so indulged in reading my book that I didn't notice Taehyung changing sides and facing me. I kept flipping through the pages of the book, wiggling my pen between my fingers. Taehyung secretly smiled at me and continued to watch my actions. "You know you should get bangs. They'll suit you." He said and I jumped in fear. "I thought you were asleep," I spoke with a hand on my heart. "Yeah, I just woke up." He spoke. We sat there enveloped in a massive silence. He began playing with his pencil. "Do you wanna come with me to the gymnasium?" He asked me. I didn't answer me because I was thinking if I should take a chance and go with him to the gymnasium. He suddenly looked at me, expecting an answer. When he got no answer and saw how I was only indulged in writing on the piece of paper lying in front of me. He looked back straight and abruptly got up from his seat. "You're boring Y/n, I wish you were fun. Being with you is such a waste of time, learn to have some fun," he spoke and kicked a can that lay on the floor. He scoffed and walked out of the room. I looked up from the paper I was writing. 

My face fell hearing everything he just spoke. His words began replaying in my head again and again. 

'Being with you is such a waste of time.'

This particular sentence hurt me the most because everything else that he spoke was something that I heard from everyone frequently, so I was used to hearing everything like that. But that one sentence seemed as if someone had slapped me in the face. I turned my head in the direction he walked to, out of the room. As that particular sentence kept replaying in my head. I heaved out a breath. I looked straight again and with sheer determination I stood up from my seat and banged the table with both of my hands. The pens and pencils fell down from my table as I heard them making a clink sound as they hit the ground. 

I felt determined enough to leave the classroom and then walk to the gymnasium, see all of the other kids playing basketball and joining them, hitting the ball in everyone's face and showing how good of a player I am when it comes to basketball and therefore proving to Taehyung that I'm not boring in real life. But what would be the use of proving something like that to him? He would still think of me as a wannabee who would just chase after his words and not go after my own will. Eventually I realized that maybe I should just stick to doing what I'm good at it. Sitting and silence and doing nothing.