-six-

We moved the dishes away from the table after all of us ate. My dad began helping me, but I declined his help and asked him to just go and take a rest. Meanwhile, Taehyung and I continued cleaning the mess we'd made. Surprisingly he was quite wonderful at cleaning the dishes, never expected that from him. "What is this? How come you're so quick and neat at this?" I asked him. He just looked at me while washing the utensils and then again went back to cleaning the dishes. I scoffed and looked away. "You help your mom in her daily household work, don't you?" I asked. He froze and dropped the items in his hand.

I could see his nerves clenching against him. It was in a way scary. "What?" I asked. "You don't get to mention her Y/n." He threw the utensils away and walked out of my house. I stood confused but walked after him. "Hey! You can't just leave all the work undone!" I screamed as I ran up to him. I huffed out a breath, tired from all the running. "Go back home," Taehyung said, sternly. "What's with you?" I asked him, breathlessly. "Y/n, I asked you to go home. Out of my face." He spat rudely and I too gave up. There was no way I could talk him out of this. I might have hit a nerve, an unignorable one.

When I went home, I saw that dad had fallen asleep. I cleaned the remaining utensils and immediately went up to study myself. I completed my homework for about an hour, but my mind kept wandering off the way he reacted when I mentioned his mom. I shrugged it off, it wasn't of my business anyways. I packed up my books for the next day for school and headed to bed after a little night routine.

(Next Day)

Won-Jin had already informed me that she won't be quite able to pick me up, so I just walked on my own. While I was on my way to school, I saw Taehyung stepping out of his home. He, too, used to walk to school. He glanced at me for a good amount of 48 seconds and then continued to walk away. I didn't mind that and walked to school myself.

During most of the classes, Taehyung was missing. He wasn't sitting beside me like he usually is. I didn't have his SNS or contact information so I couldn't call or text him. At the time of recess, I, unconsciously, looked for Taehyung but I found him nowhere. So, I went to the rooftop because I used to feel secure at moderate heights like the rooftop of the school and even my house.

The door swiftly opened as I took a step further. The weather was quite windy and as the wind hit my face, I enjoyed the beauty of it. For quite a long time, I was quite lonely because everyone left me suddenly. I had no friends, there was no track of my mother and Won-Jin hadn't yet crossed paths with me. It was awful. And whenever I was alone, I used to come to the rooftop to not let the loneliness seep into my nerves. It calmed me down. Nature always calms me down. Suddenly a weird noise hampered my session with me. I turned around to see what it was. I couldn't find anything, so I stepped further to investigate. There was a constricted room at the corner of the rooftop, and it was where the noise was coming from. I was scared about opening the door. Something didn't feel right. It brought back bad memories.

I gathered some courage and opened the door of the room. In one corner of the room, I saw broken pieces of glass scattered all over. In the other corner, I saw someone sitting with their head resting on their knees. I went closer to the figure. I bowed down to his level and his head raised. It was Taehyung. "What are you doing here?" He asked. "I heard noises and I just had to check. Why are you here?" I asked back. He pushed me to the side and stood up, he wiped his face with the sleeve of his shirt. I was pissed off now. He keeps pushing me away always. I stood up and was about to turn around when I heard the sound of glass breaking again. I was perplexed but still turned around and saw Taehyung being very aggressive. I ran to him and held him back from breaking more stuff. I placed my hands on his shoulders. "TAEHYUNG STOP!" I screamed but he didn't stop. Even though I was trying to push him away he kept on breaking everything around him. "AHHH" I winced in pain and moved away from him, he was shocked and immediately stopped. He dropped what was in his hand and immediately ran to me. "Hey, you alright?" He asked but I continued looking down.