Chapter 3: New Beginnings - Part 3

NARRATOR POV

After the commotion Jin caused, everyone seemed to have calmed down except for Kaori, Shizuku, Kouki, Hajime, and Aiko who seemed to still be in shock at Jin's final words before leaving the dining hall. They didn't know if he just said that to scare everyone or if those were his actual thoughts because when it comes to Jin they couldn't understand him at all.

Time Skip

The students went out the front gate of the church, where they saw Jin already standing there. Kaori tried to go over to talk to him but felt a hand on her shoulder, she looked to see Shizuku shaking her head. Kaori had a troubled expression before giving in and staying with the rest of the class. They were going to descend the mountain and visit the Hairihi Kingdom. The church was located at the summit of "God's Mountain".

When the majestic church gates opened, there was a sea of clouds there to greet them. Even if it was very high, they did not feel the effects of the high altitude. Ishtar urged them to proceed while boasting about something. Eventually, a circular white pedestal surrounded by fences came into their view.

On the pedestal, there were huge magic formations carved into it. Ishtar started to chant.

Ishtar: The road that leads, opens for the faithful, "Tendou".

As soon as he said that, the magic formation started to shine. The pedestal started to move smoothly like it was on a ropeway, it moved diagonally toward the ground. The Students seeing Magic for the first time were excited.

Eventually, it passed through the clouds and the ground could be seen. They could see a big town underneath. A huge castle was built into the mountain and the castle town spread from the castle. This was the Hairihi Kingdom. The pedestal lead them to the roof of a very expensive tower that was connected to the royal palace.

 The pedestal lead them to the roof of a very expensive tower that was connected to the royal palace

Hajime cynically laughed at the production value at display. To descend from the heavens through the sea of clouds, they were being presented as the Chosen of God. They just didn't present the students in a good light, but also the members of the church.

Hajime remembered the pre-war Japan days. At that time religion and politics were closely tied together. There was a likelihood that it would lead to trouble later on. However, this world may be even more strained. After all, this world had the power to touch other worlds, all the while following the "Will of God".

The possibility of them returning, all relied on saving the world and on the feelings of their God.

Time Skip

As they entered the Throne room of the castle. There was a red carpet that led from the entrance all the way to a luxurious throne. On the throne sat a middle-aged man that conveyed ambition and dignity. They all stood before the throne and waited. There was a woman next to the throne, that seemed to be the queen. Next to her was a 10-year-old boy with blonde hair and blue eyes. A 15-16-year-old Bishoujo was next to him, and there was a small 7-8-year-old girl that accompanied her. Standing next to the little girl was a Teenage girl that looked to be 18 years old. She had long waist length black hair with greenish-gold eyes.