Chapter 5: Dungeons And Surprise Trysts

NARRATOR  POV

【Orcus Great Dungeon】

This was a huge labyrinth that consisted of a hundred floors. As one of the Seven Great Dungeons, the lower you go, the stronger the Magic Beasts become. Even so, this dungeon was a very popular place for mercenaries and adventurers. It was also a great training ground for new recruits; That was because it was easy to judge the strength of the Magic Beasts in accordance to the dungeon floor. Moreover, the Magic Beasts in the dungeons also possessed higher quality Magic Stones in their body compared to the Magic Beasts in the wilderness.

The Magic Stone is the core that provides power to the Magic Beast. The stronger the Magic Beast, the higher quality of the core. These Magic Stones are used as raw materials to make the magic circles. The magic circle could be activated as long as it was completed, but the effect was only one-third when comparing the magic circle drawn by oneself to the magic circle drawn by using Magic Stone Powder. 

In brief, using Magic Stones could effectively improve the efficiency of magic. In addition, the magic tools used in everyday life were also powered by Magic Stones. There was a very high demand for these Magic Stones; It was essential for both the armies and everyday life.

By the way, powerful Magic Beasts with high-quality Magic Stones can use inherent magic. Inherent Magic does not require incantation and magic circles. It is the only spell the Magic Beast can use, the same species of Magic Beast will not be able to use all sorts of spells even if they possess magic power. But in place of that, the Magic Beast doesn't require incantation and magic circles to perform the spell. This is the biggest reason one cannot be negligent when confronting the Magic Beast.

Commander Meld led a group of knights and brought the students and Princess Emiliana who joined them to their temporary lodging in the small town of 【Holward】. The adventurers who wished to challenge 【Orcus Great Dungeon】 would stay here. Tonight, they were going to stay at an inn managed by the Kingdom, which was exclusive for the new recruits.

JIN POV

I entered my room and looked around, in the middle of the room was a coffee table, to the right side corner next to the double glass doors which seem to lead to a balcony stood a desk and chair with a small lamp and some books. To the left of the room was my bed with blue sheets and a bedside table with a lamp on top.

 To the left of the room was my bed with blue sheets and a bedside table with a lamp on top

I walked over to my bed and sat on the edge and lay down while staring at the ceiling. I brought my left hand up to my face and removed my school tie, I used to hide the strange mark and just stared at it.

 I brought my left hand up to my face and removed my school tie, I used to hide the strange mark and just stared at it