Chapter 8: A New Face...sort of

NARRATOR POV

It's been 2 weeks since they started wandering the labyrinth looking for an exit of sorts.

Flashback

Emiliana: Hey Jin.

Jin who was walking next to her looking at his surroundings as they were walking down a path, turned his head to her.

Jin: Yes?

Emiliana looked at him and placed her hand on his head and ran her fingers through his hair.

Emiliana: Why is your hair black?

Jin stopped in his tracks and looked at her confusedly.

Jin: Black?

Emiliana: Yes, your hair is black.

Jin pulled a strand in front of his face to see that his hair was indeed black now.

Jin: Probably because of the Void.

He says with a shrug of his shoulder. Emiliana looked at his hair with her hand still in his hair, gave a hard tuck, and let go. Jin grabbed onto his head in pain and looked at her confused.

Emiliana: I liked your white hair.

Jin: Not much I could do princess.

He said with a shrug, she looked at him with a deadly serious expression.

Emiliana: Cut it.

Jin almost face faulted at her absurd request.

Jin: Excuse me?

She looked at him still with that serious look on her face.

Emiliana: Cut it, maybe it will grow back white.

He just blankly stared at her.

Jin: I don't think that will work.

She looked at him almost as if she was annoyed and clicked her tongue at him.

Emiliana: Tch, what a useless boyfriend.

She walked off leaving a wronged Jin behind. He just sighed and followed after her.

Jin: Must be that time of the month.

Present

During their exploration over the past weeks, they encountered various magic beasts and also gained new abilities.

Flashback

They were resting on a rock with Emiliana straddling Jin's lap and indulging in an impromptu makeout session when they heard an animalistic growl behind them. They turned around to see two twin-tailed wolves growling at them menacingly.

 They turned around to see two twin-tailed wolves growling at them menacingly