chapter thirty-two

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

THE YOUNG GODS
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

THE YOUNG GODSCHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

" SO THIS IS HOW IT FEELS. "
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

ROSIE CROUCHED down next to Newt who pressed his lips on the side of her temple for a split second. "He awake yet?"

"I think he's starting to." Teresa spoke avoiding eye-contact with the girl feeling self conscious. Before anyone could say anything, Teresa smiled down noticing the boy open his eyes. "Hey, are you okay?" Her hands caressed his hair before Chuck interrupted their quiet moment.

"What the hell were you thinking?" The boy asked furious with the method Thomas used to try and remember.

Thomas stood up realizing there were four gladers watching the pair. His eyes scanned where he was realizing he was in the cell with Teresa. "What happened?"

Newt spoke up feeling the warm hand on his left arm, "Gally's taking control." Newt paused to turn to look at Rosie before turning back to Thomas, "he said we had a choice: either join him or get banished at sundown with you."

"And the others agreed to that?" Thomas shifted uncomfortably trying to find a better way to sit.

Rosie clicked her tongue tucking a piece of her hair behind her ear, "well it's not that hard to sway to Gally's side when the other one stabbed himself in the leg last night."

Teresa frowned to the girl before speaking up, "Gally has everyone convinced that you're the reason this has happened."

"And he's not wrong—"

Rosie was cut off by Thomas agreeing with her statement, "well he's been right so far."

"What are you talking about?" Minho asked

"This place. It's not what we thought it was." Thomas replied adding on, "it's not a prison, it's a test. It all started when we were kids. They'd give us these challenges. They were experimenting on us. And then people started disappearing. Every month one after the other like clockwork."

Rosie rolled her eyes at her boyfriend as Newt had stated the obvious, "they were sending them up to the maze."

Thomas nodded, "yeah, but not all of us."

Rosie shifted uncomfortably feeling as if she knew what Thomas was going to say. "What do you mean?" Newt asked

"Guys, I'm one of them." Thomas admitted, "the people who put you here. I worked with them. I, I watched you guys for years. The entire time you've been here. I was on the other side of it." His eyes trailing to the blue-eyed girl, "and so were you."