What Could Go Wrong? [Re-Written]

A groan escaped your lips as your alarm blared through the room. You were so warm and comfortable in your bedsheets and you didn't want to get up. You propped yourself up on one arm, grabbing around on your bedside table to find your phone. You were able to find it and shut the alarm off, only to stare at your phone screen confused as your alarm went off far earlier than it was set to. It took you a second to remember why you had set your alarm so early, when you realized that it was because you were an adult with a job now. You let out another long groan, wishing you were still in college so you'd at least get to sleep another hour. After a minute or so, you stood up and dragged yourself across your room to your closet. You threw the door open and immediately located the clean, purple work uniform you were given and required to wear every day. You plucked the clothes off of their hangers and closed the closet door.

You walked the few steps over to your sturdy, mahogany dresser and opened the drawers. You got some clean socks and underwear out before closing the drawers and stalking over to your small bathroom. Luckily for you, your parents were willing to help pay for the bills of a decent-sized apartment while you started making some of your own money. After a few months they said that they would stop paying for it and make you pay on your own. Most people would probably be a bit mad about this, but you were grateful they even offered to help in the first place. Especially after they had done so much for you already by putting you through college and supporting you through everything from your diagnoses to when you came out to them.

You had gone to college for a major in engineering and a minor in coding. You had always loved tinkering with stuff growing up. You were often found dissecting toys and building small robots and toys that you would give to your younger brother, who you were always really close with. You had started college right out of high school, so you were only twenty-three when you graduated. Yet again, lady luck was on your side and you were able to find a job pretty easily right out of college, which landed you where you were now.

You were recently hired as a mechanic for Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, an old pizza place that's been around since you were a kid. You had always gone there when you were younger, which probably sparked your special interest in robotics and engineering. Nowadays, Freddy's was taking on a shinier, newer looking building with robots to boot. Ever since all those kids died, no one wanted to go to the older one so they decided to buy a bigger property and build a whole new restaurant so that people would come again.

The new robots are extremely more high-tech than the old ones, or at least it appeared so. They are shiny, and bright, and you had to admit that you were excited to see how they worked. You had also heard that the older robots were still in the new establishment, and you couldn't wait to compare the differences in the coding and parts. You wondered how they were able to slim down the robots so much from their previous designs.

After quickly showering, you changed and checked the time again. It was about five forty-five, meaning you had fifteen minutes before it was time for your shift to start. You worked from opening to closing, from six in the morning to five in the afternoon. Even though the thought of working eleven hours was a bit daunting, you had to tell yourself that there wouldn't be much work. I mean, think about it, how often did a bunch of new, shiny robots and arcade machines break down?