𝗦𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻 𝗳𝗶𝘀𝗵𝘆

"Not a problem! I know Dragonspine almost as well as I know all the ways to kill a human being in silence!" y/n exclaimed with a bright grin then pointed to herself with pride, "Because I'm such a wonderful mitachurl, I'll help you out!"

Paimon and Aether gave the girl looks of horror while Albedo merely smiled, "Thanks for the help, y/n."

Y/n beamed when the Alchemist pat her head, Yukime whining about being left out. The baby quieted down, a look of glee on her face when Albedo pat her head as well.

"Aether, why exactly did you leave the cavern entrance?" Albedo asked, completely unbothered when Yukime decided to try eating his hand, "Did-"

"There you are!" someone shouted.

The small group turned to look in order to see who it was and found that it was Eula! She didn't look happy.

"Oh! Eula!" y/n greeted but was ignored.

"Stay right there! You've got a lot of explaining to do!" Eula snapped as she approached the group.

Albedo seemed puzzled, "...me?"

Yukime blinked once, "Who?"

"That's Eula." y/n told the child, "She's a knight."

"Knight." Yukime repeated, pointing at Eula.

"Yes, knight." y/n said with a nod.

Unbeknownst to her cousin, Yukime had mistaken Knight for bite and was eagerly awaiting her chance to bite the unsuspecting knight.

"Huh, Eula? Aren't you supposed to be helping the new guy?" Paimon questioned with a little head tilt.

"Hmph, yes, that's what I would be doing." Eula replied then sent Albedo a piercing glare, "If I hadn't been interrupted by a certain someone's malicious scheming."

Albedo only blinked once, confuzzled.

"Albedo, I saw you taking Joel towards the wasteland at the edge of Dragonspine. That place is crawling with monsters!" Eula said, earning looks of confusion from Aether and Bennett, "What the devil do you think you were doing?"

Albedo... he didn't speak.

"Wait a second... what is even going on!?" Paimon interjected, not understanding a single thing she was hearing, "Actually, wrong question, how much stuff is going on?"

"Beats me. You humans always have a lot going on all the time." y/n scoffed with an exasperated huff.

"Everyone has a lot going all, y/n." Aether reminded her and raised his hands in surrender when y/n gave him an ice cold glare.

"When I came to stop you from leading Joel any further, your first reaction was to throw the child down and attack me." Eula continued, "When I fought back, you quickly fled. Care to explain?"

The alchemist hummed quietly before murmuring, "I see. Interesting."

"Interesting?" Eula repeated, sounding as though she were going to pimp slap Albedo into the sun.

"Eula, it sounds like you met an impostor. Someone who was impersonating me." Albedo finally said.

"An impostor?" y/n questioned.

"Impersonating you?" Eula frowned, "To what end?"

"Wait! Give me a moment!" y/n interrupted then closed her eyes, "Itto may be a dumb 🚚 but he's super good at piecing things together. He was nice enough to teach me so I can do it!"

Everyone watched y/n curiously as she pondered before declaring, "Albedo has a doppelgänger and a plant trying to kill and replace him! The doppelgänger stole his notes to make the homicidal plant and is using it as cover so we don't think about its existence!"