𝗥𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗽𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗱𝗶𝘀𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿

(What the hell is this?)

3rd Person POV

Y/n could handle the dark.

Hell, she'd endured it for five days when a mine she was exploring had caved in and left her trapped there.

The darkness of the Abyss was no different. A little unsettling, yes, but nothing she couldn't handle.

A little bit of fun could brighten it up real quick.

"What in the world is happening???"

"I'm not sure, your highness, but I quite like it."

Lumine and an Abyss Herald watched as y/n taught some Abyss Mages how to do the cupid shuffle, the mitagirl showing unusual patience towards the mages despite having murdered multiple of them in the past.

The Abyss Mages were surprisingly good at dancing. Despite their little stubby legs and small bodies, they learned quick enough to keep y/n from blowing up and screaming her lungs out, but we're still inexperienced to the point where they required y/n's teaching.

That, or they just acted bad since they wanted the mitagirl's positive attention. When a menace such as the Bellator Minima shows you kindness rather than murderous intent, it isn't wrong to try to prolong that period of peace.

'Something is different.' Lumine thought as y/n screamed angrily at the Abyss Herald after it tried to join in, 'Did she get taller...? No, not really.'

Lumine observed the furious mitagirl as she kicked the Abyss Herald in the shin, sending it to the ground before she began beating it with a stale baguette while the abyss mages watched on. in horror.

Her eyes trailed up to the spot where a rather new looking scar was located. Lumine stared at it for a long moment. Hm... who was responsible for that?

"Y/n!" Lumine called and the mitagirl stopped kicking the Abyss Herald, peeking up like a dog, "Come here for a second!"

She hesitated, seemingly considering kicking the abyss herald again, but shrugged and wandered over.

Y/n wasn't sure what was happening as Lumine practically stared her down, but she wasn't about to lose whatever competition this was and stared back just as intensely.

Out of nowhere, Lumine grabbed her face and pointed at the scar with her free hand, "Where'd that come from?"

'A god.' y/n thought but foolishly replied, "I fell."

"You... you fell." Lumine seemed to be having difficulty believing this statement, and y/n felt incredibly stupid for making such a half-hearted lie.

Uhhh, quick! Think of a better lie!

"I was out adventuring with Aether and, we, uh, were in the middle of a war! I was out on the battlefield fighting too, so I wasn't exactly watching where I was going!" y/n said quickly, "And I, uh... fell into electro-charged water!"