𝗨𝗻𝘀𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴

3rd Person POV

"Oh! Oh! Oh! I can see Si! Anya too! Olahhh!!!!"

Y/n waved her hands like a maniac as the Alcor neared Liyue Harbor, Anya waving back just as wildly from where she stood on the docks with Osiris and Tris.

Throughout the entire ride, y/n had sparred with Kazuha, but they eventually had to chill out and just play card games instead since y/n's axe almost cut through the ship's mast.

Now that they were nearing Liyue, y/n had chilled out enough to not wreck the ship. Instead, she busied herself with shouting greetings to the excited Cincin Mage(now dressed casually) and her friends.

Y/n noticed that Osiris wasn't wearing his glasses, and he didn't seem to be 100% there either. The young man looked thoughtful, thinking deeply about something, but he seemed to sense the mitagirl's gaze on him even from afar.

"Hm..." y/n glanced at the potted plant he held and immediately realized why, "Aha! Him and that dendro vision!"

A small smile tugged at his lips but he appeared to snap something when Anya grabbed his arm and forced him to wave at y/n wildly.

He started shouting at Anya, attempting to pull his arm away, but she kept a tight hold on him and started screeching profanities at him and prompting others to look on curiously and in concern.

Y/n glanced at Tris next, and found that he looked incredibly tired. Had he not been getting enough rest? Maybe dealing with Anya and Osiris wore him out...

He wasn't waving like Anya, or even bothering to tell her to quit harassing Osiris, he was just... silent. Unfocused.

Hmph!

Y/n inhaled deeply before screaming, "TRIS!!!"

His reaction was delayed, his brows raising slightly and his eyes glancing in her direction before he gave her a half-hearted smile before looking down again with that weird look on his face.

What was up with him?

Wasn't Lantern Rite supposed to be a happy time?

"Yaya." y/n mumbled, "So weird."

She was buzzing with excitement all the way to the harbor, leapt off the ship before it even came to a halt so she could run across the pier to the trio.

She leapt at Anya first, the young lady catching her and squeezing her with a firm bear hug, "Y/n, darling, you're back! How have you been? How was Inazuma?"

"Good and good! And you, have you been good?" y/n asked and Anya chuckled, nodding her head happily.

"Very good! Tris and Osiris have been acting a little weird, but I haven't let that drag me down!"

"A little weird...?" y/n murmured before glancing at the two where Osiris was letting out a long yawn while Tris was flipping through a book idly, "They seem pretty normal to me."

"You'll see later, it's super weird..." Anya mumbled before peeking past y/n at Teppei, Paimon, and Aether, "Oh! You brought your Inazuma friend! Teppei, right?"

"Yes, it's very nice to meet you!" Teppei exclaimed with a shy little smile, "Y/n told me a lot about you guys, and I vaguely remember the one with the white hair from a while back."

Anya gave y/n a questioning look, 'Does he know he... y'know, almost kicked the bucket back then?'

Y/n pursed her lips, 'Nye.' "Osiris, you 🍑, come say hi!" she demanded and the young man paused.

He turned towards her with a gentle smile, "It's good to have you back in Liyue, y/n, you look nice!"

Y/n felt a rush of pride, "Hmph! Tomo... ah..."