𝗘𝗻𝗸𝗮𝗻𝗼𝗺𝗶𝘆𝗮 𝘀𝘂𝗰𝗸𝘀

3rd Person POV

"Aether, I wanna go meet up with Teppei nowww!!!"

"After I finish up some things, okay?"

Aether was walking along with y/n as she pouted, arms crossed and an annoyed look on her face as her and Aether made their way towards the Sangonomiya Shrine.

They had headed on back to Inazuma, returning a sleepy Yukime to her parents whom had just returned from their little getaway. After y/n checked in with her Dad, who was keeping his own Father busy so Hanae could work in peace, Aether and the mitagirl set off for Watatsumi.

Y/n happily rambled about her plans on the way there, somewhat oblivious to Aether's lack of enthusiasm and slight aura of disappointment.

Her eagerness to see Teppei again only grew as the two of them ascended the steps towards the shrine, Aether trying to think of a way to politely ask to change the subject of the conversation.

Thankfully, he didn't have to.

"Woah! Is that who Paimon thinks it is?" Paimon gasped.

Y/n and Aether looked up curiously then deadpanned.

"What the!?"

The traveling trio stared in shock at the sight of Ryoichi, face about as red as a jueyun chili pepper as Kokomi was holding his hand. The hand she held was bandaged and she seemed to be asking about what had happened to the flustered boy.

Ryoichi was the first to spot the trio, then Kokomi.

It wasn't even the second before the duo practically teleported away from one another, awkwardly glancing at one another briefly before turning their attention to the approaching group.

Y/n, of course, went straight to her cousin.

"Ryoichi."

"What?"

"RYOICHI."

"WHAT!?"

Y/n inhaled, "She's too old for you."

Ryoichi scowled at that statement, "First of all, what does that have to do with anything? Are you saying she's too old to be my friend? Second, she's two years older than I am."

"I thought it was three?"

"Ever heard of birthdays? Stupid."

"BERU NYE, STUPID BRAT!!! I'LL KILL YOU!"

While y/n and Ryoichi started boxing, Aether, Paimon, and Kokomi began to chat.

"Hey there, Kokomi." Aether greeted with a smile.

"How have you been?" Paimon inquired.

"Captain of Swordfish II, Paimon. Glad to have you both back on Watatsumi Island." Kokomi replied then glanced over to where y/n and Ryoichi were fighting, "I see y/n is with you as well. I'm glad to see that she's recovered from her injuries."

Aether let out a weary sigh as he recalled y/n's complaints whenever Aether insisted that she needed new bandages, "It was... a bit of a rough process."

"Well, what's going on? Seems like something really important is happening." Paimon pointed out with a curious expression.

Kokomi nodded, "Not long ago, I hosted the Watatsumi Goryou Matsuri. It's the most important ceremony on Watatsumi. I'm guessing you've heard about it from Tsuyuko?"

"Huh? How'd you know we were helping Tsuyuko?" Paimon asked.

"You didn't know?" Aether gave his travel companion a look of mild surprise which quickly turned to panic when he saw y/n strangling Ryoichi in the background, "Y/N, NO-!"