Chapter 19

A/N: another update, so proud of myself (patting my shoulder) 😁

Happy reading! ;)
___________________________________________

She was silently musing her current predicament inside her office, while tapping a pen on her temple, when her phone rang.

"You got everything?" she asked when she answered the call, slightly panicked. Yeah, she panicked - a first for her after a long time - after remembering that she moved inside Ollie's apartment without telling Monica about what she is planning at that time. A stupid move on her part, really, and when she remembered, she called Monica and got an earful from her friend with her incessant typing on the background.

Well, she got excited and curious, and she just wanted to end this as soon as possible. Her conscience is eating at her, really - another first after so many years on this kind of job. It is not just her conscience that she is having a problem with; everything is blurring, she doesn't know how it happened, but she feels that whatever she is doing right now is not an acting on her part - not anymore, as far as she can think. It feels as if she likes to do everything around him, it feels natural - the cooking, the cleaning, the rapport, most especially the sex - my god, the mindblowing sex, and it feels natural to sleep beside him every night after exhausting ourselves with how extensive we do the deed. And in the morning, how natural to cuddle with him before the realization that we both need to haul both our asses to face the day with work.

She groaned with her line of thinking. 'It's getting difficult,' she thought with another groan, that did not escape Monica's hearing.

"Are you okay?" her friend asked, her typing ceased.

"Yeah, I am fine," she answered with a sigh. " So, you got everything?" she asked, diverting the topic.

"Yeah, I did, and mind you it got me hours to hack, delete and change everything on his CCTV recording. His' has a very secure line, more than that of the government's, but you know there is nothing I cannot break into." she said proud with herself, then sighed before continuing. "I will not delve to my rantings - again, because I already gave you plenty, but please, inform me prior, okay?" her friend said, almost pleading. "We almost got caught, good thing his hands are full with how you two are going at it," her friend added with slight teasing.

"Yeah, sorry about that Monica, I just got excited," she answered, remorseful.

"Anyways, what happened? It feels like you are not yourself Beatriz. We've been together for years, so I know, and you cannot lie to me by saying that you are okay, that everything is fine, because like I said, I know you," Monica said firmly.

"Well," she paused while finding and constructing the right words. It took her several seconds, but Monica waited, something that she likes about her, she is very patient, a very valuable asset since she is a very good sniper - though she seldom go out in the field.

"It's just that the lines are blurring Monica, I-I don't think that I am still acting or this is still part of the mission, and I am afraid that everything will fall apart once he find out about me, about all of this, and I know that nothing can save me from his anger. I know that he will be furious, especially that I used him, his family, and everyone he holds dear," she said, her voice slightly cracking.

"Oh, Beatriz, this is why I am so afraid for you to push this mission with him. I know you will fall for him deeply, eventhough you said you won't, not because you will always be together and get to know him more, but because you already fell for him even before this all started."

Another deep sigh from her friend, before she continued. "Anyways, you know this more than yourself, you are just in denial about everything, with how hard-headed you are. Just remember that I am always here, that I am your friend Beatriz."