Chapter 14

After her slight breakdown on the restroom and after the pep talk she did with herself, she came back to the bar, giving Wanda and Steve a smile.

"Are you okay now?" Wanda asked.

"Yes, thank you again." She said with a grateful smile, one they returned with an understanding smile.

They went back to working and after half an hour the party officially started and she sharpen her senses. Thankful to the dim light on their work area, she can observe everyone with ease.

She stayed clear of Toro, who keeps a watchful eye on everyone, while Mr. Sanchez keeps walking back and forth checking everyone with their work.

All three of them behind the bar worked meticulously and smoothly, though, they just met tonight. She can say they might just pull this off without any trouble, because everything is going as planned, but the nagging feeling is still there, her gut is telling her something, and it is seldom wrong. She always trust her gut feeling, it is what keeps her alive in this kind of mission.

Though Amber is quiet on her ear piece, she knows she is busy on the other side, making sure she will get out of here if anything happens.

As the night goes, with music blasting, the party in full swing, more guests are crowding the bar and requesting their own drinks. Though she is busy, her eyes keeps wandering to the people who are frequently talking to Mr. James, some of them she knew from intelligence report in the agency, while others she cannot recognize.

She is busy preparing one of the guest's drink, when she noticed on her periphery that Mr. James is approaching the bar, followed by some people. She masked her face to that of Selene's character and faced the group with a winning smile.

"Hello," Mr. James greeted them.

"Hi, Mr. James. Good evening." Wanda returned the greeting.

"I noticed that the bar is crowded because of you three. As always, I am grateful for the services you gave during this party."

"The pleasure is ours, sir. It is always great working during your parties." Steve answered with a smile.

"Oh, I forgot. How are you Selene?" Mr
James turned to her.

"I am fine, Mr. James." She answered shyly.

"Thank you for accepting my offer."

"I should be the one thanking you, sir, for this opportunity." She answered back, giving the sweetest smile she could muster.

"Don't mention it, Selene, I just want my guest to have a pleasurable drinks for tonight's party. Well then, carry on. Enjoy the night, ladies and gent." Mr. James said before leaving them.

"We might just have an additional tip tonight, and I feel it will be big, bigger than we ever received." Steve said in a sing-song voice while rubbing his hands, when Mr. James is out of hearing distance. She just chuckled at his comment.

They are joking with one another when a female voice caught her attention.

"Coke and gin please." She turned towards the voice and she was met with dove-grey eyes, surrounded by long, thick lashes.

"Good, she is finally there." Amber said.

Long years of training, held back her gasp, instead, she prepares her request and served it to her.

"Here you go, ma'am."

"Thanks." The woman said and sipped her drink slowly and stayed in the barstool, not minding other people.