Chapter 10

Alessa's gaze followed Ollie as he walked out of the house after their shared meal, her brows creases with worry. Though he stayed for a few hours, this has to be those few moments where he went and stayed alone, without the attendance of his siblings - moments she cherishes.

"Love..." she heard her husband's whisper, followed by an arm wrapping her.

"I am worried about him," her answer into his silent question.

"You worry for all of them," Nathan's statement made her turn to him.

"Yes, I do, but more so for him. You know how he is like. Of all our children, he is the one who tends to bottle up everything, all his frustration and turns to into something physical. Of all of them, he is the one who always keeps to himself - most of the time. And the bruise he is sporting today, it really worries me. Do you think he is in trouble again? Like last time?" she asked, voice quivering.

Before Nathan can answer, she immediately followed with another statement, now, tears flowing. "I cannot go through that again, Nathan. It will kill me, that time he is recuperating in the hospital, with so many bruises and wounds, it still gives me nightmare until now." Finishing, she is now crying, full blown, and Nathan cannot do anything but to cradle her in his arms, comforting his wife.

Internally battling the turmoil that he is keeping a secret from his wife - a secret that him and his sons share - of Ollie being a secret agent and that his life is in constant danger.

---

'What to do? What to do?' she keeps on asking herself. After their failed attempt last night, they decided to lay low, they need to let the situation cool first before they will proceed with a new plan. Though the agency is not happy about it, they cannot do anything about their decision - they don't have any other option. Nobody dare to accept the mission, no one dared to infiltrate Beast's lair, only them. Their other problem is the job tomorrow night, the party where James invited her to be one of the bartenders.

She told James that she will think about his proposal for that night, but the truth is, she really needed to be there. Now, they are the one who has no other option - she took a deep breath.

She is busy contemplating her current problem when her phone rang, Amber is the one calling.

"Amber."

"Onyx, so, have you thought about it?" came the question from the other side.

"Hmmm, haven't decided yet. But we both know that I must do it." she said in resignation.

"Yes, you must. We both know this is needed. It is important that we should be there. An opportunity like this will never come again." her friend said.

"But will your boss let you have another leave?" Amber's question made her think.

"I hope she will."

"Okay, let me know the soonest so we can plan."

"Sure. I'll call you as soon as possible." she said before the line went dead.

She heaved another deep sigh and prepared to go to work. She took a quick bath and donned her office outfit of the day, then went out of her apartment and drove towards work where employees are busy preparing to open the store. Everybody greeted her jovially which she returned with equal warmth. She went up to her office and started working.

The day quickly passed and she was once again in deep thought. She really needed to do it, otherwise, it will be very difficult for them to get inside his house. But she is feeling antsy, her gut feeling is telling her that something will happen tomorrow night, she just hopes that it is not something bad. Her musings was cut by a knock on her door.