Chapter 8

A/N: hope this will be enough, given what we - our island province, had endured during typhoon "Rolly" (Goni) and succeeded by typhoon "Ulysses" (Vamco), I am asking for your understanding - again, for the late update. Thankfully, network services are back and people from our, and other electric cooperatives are giving their all for us to have electricity, the soonest possible time - God bless them all.

May you all enjoy this chapter. Thank you for your continued support.

Happy reading! ;)
____________________________________________

"What are you doing here?" Sean's voice rang from under the hood.

"Nothing," his reply, brows furrowing.

"Yeah, you are doing nothing, except that you keep on sighing, and that you've been sitting there for nearly ten minutes without saying anything," his younger brother's reply.

Yeah, he went here in his brother's garage after pestering Claire and got no positive result, and he had been sighing, as what his brother said. He was about to comment when something or rather, someone caught his eye.

"Is that Chase? The twins' newfound friend? What's that boy doing here?" he asked, his skeptical eyes following the boy's movement.

Sean peeked from under the hood and followed his line of sight.

"Oh, yeah. He's been helping here since I opened this garage," he said and returned to work. "Mike asked me to let him help, and he had been great. That boy is actually knowledgeable, he knows more about cars than half of my staffs here, and he is not a bother." Sean explained.

Something in his brother's explanation caught his attention. "How long since he's been helping here?"

"About two years." Sean answered nonchalantly.

"Since you opened this garage in this area," he said.

"Yeah, that's what I said," Sean replied with a shrug.

"If he has been here the whole time, how come we just notice him recently?" he asked brows furrowing, the alarms in his head are blaring.

"He has been really quiet, like he is there but it feels as if he isn't." Sean answered without looking up.

"And that doesn't bother you?" he worriedly asked.

"Why would it bother me?" Sean asked, now confused.

"Because he's sneaky," his answer.

"How can you say he is sneaky?" Sean asked facing him.

"Based on what you said," he answered in defense.

"Because he is really quiet and is not bothering anyone but a big help to us." his brother answered before going back to his work.

"Do you know his parents?" he asked.

Sean finally stood up, took a deep breath, put both hands on his hips before he answered. "No. All I know is that Mike knows him or, the boy's parent." Mike is the oldest mechanic under Sean's employ.

"Parent?" he asked.

"Yeah, parent. I heard only the mother is present, the father isn't part of the boy's life." his brother answered while closing the hood.

"Hmmmm..." he hummed while eyeing his brother, brows connected.

"What? If this is about what mom told us, then it's a negative for me," Sean said.

"But -"

"If what mom said is true, you know that I don't sleep around with anyone. And you know that I have been faithful with Sarah while we were in a relationship."