Chapter 4: Nighty night

I was there crying for about 5 minutes before I heard footsteps.

Loud footsteps.

Just like my fathers.

And of corse, it was sun.

I sunk my head into my knees farther.

"Hey hey it's okay, I know you didn't mean to scare them."

I knew that that's not what they thought.

"They all think I'm some sort of demon who's gonna kill them..."

"Your not! Besides they all left. There's nothing to worry about. You don't have to see them ever again. Their parents picked them up."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."
He sits his tall body next to me.

"Are your parents here to pick you up?"

"N-n-no probably not."

"That's fine! We can have a sleep over! Let's get ready!"

I thought that I would be kicked out. I didn't know that I could stay the night.

I followed him back into the main area. He had already set up the sleeping bags.

"I know your the only one here, but we can still have lots of fun!"

He had us do a bunch of fun stuff, like finger painting, glitter glue, telling stories and stuff like that.

And the weird thing is, I had fun. Which I ever felt. I rarely felt like I was having fun. But now I feel like I'm actually having fun.

I'm gonna get you ready to go to bed soon, so I'll turn off the lights.

He went over to the light switch. He turns off the lights.

The daycare looked beautiful, stars with lights, moving stars on the ceiling.

But I noticed something.
Sun didn't look the same.

He walked over to me. I gasped.

"Hello, I'm moon! Nice to meet you!"

"W-w-wheres sun?"

"Oh, about that. When the lights go off I turn into moon. So please address me as moon when the lights  are turned off."

You did remember seeing a poster with moon on it on your way to the daycare.

"Weird but I understand."

He gave me a marsh mellow and told me to go brush my teeth. I put the marsh mellow in my mouth and headed to the bathroom. There was a tooth brush already out and ready for me. But I realized what I ate wasn't a marsh mellow. It was a sleeping pill.

Maybe he just told me it was a marsh mellow so I would eat it.

I brushed my teeth and headed to the main area.

He was near the sleeping bag holding a bedtime story.

I got in the sleeping bag. It was quite comfortable.  I never felt anything like this in my life. I slept on the ground at my house.

He read me the bedtime story.

He walked over to me. 

"Goodnight, little star." He hugged me and walked away.

New chapter! Credit to @spiritriddle for suggesting the nickname little star! And again please leave suggestions for the next chapter in the comments!

PS: next chapter is gonna be a big plot twist