09. There is a demon next to you!

Sorry I've been absent lately. I'll try updating as much as possible! 🤗

.
.
.
Tanjiro was carried into a large mansion, it wasn't very decorated but it was somehow still beautiful.
Tanjiro was being scolded by two angry kakushis after they had to embarrass themselves in front of the Hashira.
'It smells like medicine'
Tanjiro sniffed, taking in the hospital smell. Another scent caught on and he turned toward who he now knows to be (Y/N). He had an interesting smell Tanjiro wasn't well acquainted with, he smelled like grapes with a hint of lemon. He marked lemon as cocky.
Raising an eyebrow at the demon beside him, he turned away, deciding not to converse with him.

"This is where you'll be staying until you are feeling better." A kakushi said, a hint of bitterness tainting his tone. The kakushi opened the large door, and a male with yellow and orange hair was seen whining and crying inside.
"Zenitsu!" Tanjiro shouted his name and the blonde turned to him.
Tanjiro turned his head and saw another familiar face.
"Inosuke!"
"OhayoOo TanjiroOooOo"
The yellow boy with snot dribbling from his nose greeted in a whiny, pouting voice. Turning to the male standing beside Tanjiro, Zenitsu's eyes practically popped out! He let out a high yell of a mix between scared and shocked.
"T-A-TANJIRO! there is a demon next to you!"
Tanjiro chuckled at Zenitsu as his reaction to the male was similar to the one he had with Nezuko.
"Ah yes, this is (Y/N). He's also a passive demon like Nezuko!"
Tanjiro smiled but deep down he felt this demon was up to no good.
He gulped and continued his sentence; "He was one of the slayers on Natagumo Mountain, I didn't see him but I saw Kocho-sama take him here."
Zenitsu seemed to have calmed down down the slightest but he was still on edge.
"T-Tanjiro, can I talk to you all alone..?"
His voice was quieter now but it brimmed with anxiety.
"Of course!"
They stepped outside of the room they were staying in and Zenitsu frowned.
"He sounds different from Nezuko-chan."
"What do you mean?"
"I mean...he sounds"
Zenitsu paused and swallowed his spit. Seeming anxious.
"He sounds bad"
Tanjiro's mouth made an 'o' as he understood what Zenitsu meant.
"I get what you mean...during mine and his trial his scent was dark and almost evil."
Zenitsu pouted and furrowed his brows in nervousness.
"Not only that but when he looked at Ubuyashiki, his scent was hatred."
Tanjiro explained, feeling a shiver run down his spine at the thought of a bad demon inside the headquarters...

"That's suspicious, Tanjiro.."
Zenitsu's voice was quiet and serious.
No hint of nervousness, scared, or whining.
"I know...just. . . Keep an eye on him. And be careful around him."
After Tanjiro spoke, Zenitsu hummed and nodded in agreement.

"Now, let's head back inside."

.
.
.
.
.
.
Sorry, it's kind of short but I'll do better next time! 😃
500 words