013. Day 1. "Rengoku"

:)
.
.
.
.

Today was day one of the Hashira training for (Y/N).
He will be working with the flame hashira, Rengoku Kyojuro.

Third pov

(Y/N) was currently heading to the Rengoku residence. It was around 8pm by the time he got there and was greeted by a small Rengoku.
"Welcome, please come in." Said the young boy as he ushered (Y/N) inside, glancing around the estate as he did. As if nervous someone was watching.
"My brother will be here shortly, he said to go to the backyard and wait." Mini Rengoku said, sweat dropping at the blank eyes staring through him. "F-follow me, please" he began leading (Y/N) to their training yard outside. "I'm Senjuro, by the way. Kyojuro-nii's younger brother" he smiled, quite awkwardly. "Nice to be acquainted, I'm (Y/N)." (Y/N) spoke, his voice softer than usual, though his eyes were cold.

After arriving at the training yard, Senjuro told (Y/N) to wait for his brother. (Y/N) did just that and sat on the engawa. "(Y/N)-kun!!" The voice boomed over (Y/N)'s ears, it sounded bright. "Rengoku-san." (Y/N) gave a soft nod in acknowledgement as Rengoku stepped down and next to him. Standing at his side, (Y/N) also chooses to stand, waiting for Rengoku's instructions for their first lesson.

"Ok! (Y/N)-kun! Have you stretched well before coming here?" Rengoku spoke with cheer. "Yes.."
"That's great! Since this is your first lesson we'll take it nice and slow."

Although Rengoku said they would go easy, (Y/N) was put through rather tough training. Building muscles, swinging swords, senses training. Since he was a demon it was easy to keep up but the quick moves and fast-paced lessons were starting to tire him. After the training (Y/N) sat down on the engawa, now shirtless with a light layer of sweat over him. Rengoku was in about the same condition. Since they had been at it for about four whole hours nonstop, Rengoku finally decided to take a rest. "Y'know, (Y/N)-kun." Rengoku's voice filled with amusement. "Hah?"
"You seem to have mastered total concentration: constant." (Y/N) turned to look at him, actually quite bewildered by the information.
"I have?" He spoke, genuine shock glinting in his usually stoic, (e/c) eyes.
"Yes, during our training your breath and sound was exactly like mine. Which was very impressive considering my status." Rengoku shined. (Y/N) sat, listening to him explain, studying Rengoku's features. His large flame-filled eyes, bushy eyebrows that fit his face perfectly, the smile that was seemingly always there, and his fiery yellow and red-tipped hair.

"Say, (Y/N)-kun. What is your breathing style?" Rengoku said, snapping (Y/N) from his daze. "I don't use one." It made Rengoku's eyes widen a touch, he smiled.
"Then you're very talented, young-(Y/N)." Speaking in a weirdly calm tone, Rengoku gave (Y/N) a closed-eye smile.
"Well, we should end training here. It's already been several hours since we started. Plus, Master doesn't want you roaming out too late at night." Standing up, Rengoku offered (Y/N) a hand. Although annoyed at this humanly gesture, he took it anyway. Bowing lightly as a thank you before retreating to the butterfly estate.

When (Y/N) arrived he crept stealthily to his private room, similar to Nezuko's, with no windows. Sitting down on his futon and reading his books he borrowed from Kocho. Waiting out the night, until the next teacher.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

662 words, i know it's not a lot and i apologize for that! But i hope you all enjoyed this wholesome-ish chapter. I wanted (Y/N) to have some development in the story and also some sort of relationship with the flame hashira. I depict him as seeing humans as "not that bad" And he'll begin to see them differently as time passes. Maybe even grow feelings? 👀