Sneak-Peek

I woke up feeling groggy and totally out of it. I knew that I wasn't in my room at my house but I was not so surprisingly calm about being at a stranger's house.

After all, he did save my life last night...

And as far as I knew, I wasn't dead. I knew that I was fine since I could feel any pain anywhere except in my arm which some weird guy had gripped onto a little tighter than necessary.

I was visibly unharmed... And still in the same short dress that I wore to the club last night.

I had had a lot to drink the night before but as usual, I didn't have any hangover.

I got up and out of the bed, finding my heels near the couch.

I quickly wore my heels and combed through my hair with my fingers without the aid of a mirror before opening the door which I could only guess was the exit.

I was shocked to see the well lit hallway which looked too formal with the fancy lights and art pieces to belong to a normal house.

Did I somehow end up in a mansion?

It wouldn't be the first time!

But it would definitely be the first time I woke up in a mansion after witnessing an unexpected shootout at a bar!

The house wasn't quiet though. I could hear voices nearby. A lot of them.

"What the hell are you doing here?" An angry voice spoke up behind me, making me almost jump.

I turned around to find a guy I vaguely remembered seeing at the club last night.

Maybe he was the one who brought me here...

The guy looked tall and well built. He was most probably over six feet tall and had dark blonde hair with chocolate-brown eyes.

He could pass for a male model anytime!

"I was just looking for the exit." I shrugged.

"You can't leave yet! We are going to question you first!" He spoke firmly as he walked up to me and tightly gripped my upper arm. His grip wasn't hurting me but it did make me realize that he could really do some serious damage.

"Question me? About what?" I frowned in confusion.

"About what you witnessed last night." The guy spoke through gritted teeth.

Hmm...

I did witness a shootout between people who didn't look even close to what police officers are supposed to look like. And I don't remember seeing any badges either.

So my only guess was that it was a mafia thing.

And this guy's hostility was proving my thoughts to be correct.

But I wasn't surprised given the reputation of the club I went to wasn't exactly good.

But that was what I was looking for. Something that wasn't safe. Something that was wild and dangerous. That's what living on the edge is, right?

And their serious lack of proper security also helped me enter the club with a fake ID that actually even looked fake.

How else would an eighteen-year-old who just graduated from high school enter a super fun looking club which smelled like alcohol in a short skin-tight excuse of a dress?

"I remember being drunk out of my mind and dancing with sweaty bodies." I told the guy who was now glaring at me.

"Is that all you remember?" he raised an eyebrow in question.

It's not like I'm not allowed to lie! To be honest, lying is the only thing I'm good at... Well that and attracting horny high school boys.

"I do remember the outlines of a rather muscular and tall guy who asked me to dance with him." I shrugged.

"If that's it... Then maybe we can let you go." His voice was unsure as he said that.

"Well, good! Because I wanna go home and sleep till Monday!" I huffed.

"Today is Monday." The stranger frowned.

"Of next week." I elaborated, making the stranger roll his eyes at me.

"I'll lead you out." The stranger sighed as he started walking.

💕❣️💕❣️💕❣️💕

The story starts on 13th December 2021.

Buckle up! *wink* *wink*