Chapter 3: Skills

"But she can be of some use to us!" I heard whispers outside the door of the room I was staying in when I was about to go to sleep.

Couldn't they talk somewhere else?

After that little chat with Mr. Knight, the girl who I saw murdering someone, Thea, took me to another room. And this room had a bathroom. And clothes.

Such a relief!

Thea told me that I was going to be here a while so I should freshen up.

She also told me that if I tried to run away, I'd be shot in the head from thirteen different directions.

Um... Yeah...

I told her that I would rather like to die in a snowstorm or something awesome like that. I don't want people not to know how I die. And I wanna die in a cool way...

I wasn't joking!

I really wasn't...

But she laughed and left. She has been coming to check up on me every now and then. And not so surprisingly, she's actually really cool!

I know that she's a murder and god knows what else but she's still nice to hang out with...

Plus, being friends with scary people can be a good thing sometimes...

I mean, personally, I would really love it if she could surprise my douche of an ex, who left me for some new girl, with a visit...

Now that would be beyond awesome!

I really don't even know why I dated that dirtbag who I knew was cheating on me...

High school can make you do some seriously questionable things...

"I don't trust her!" Someone whispered angrily.

"Like you actually trust anyone in the world!" another person scoffed.

I immediately realised that it was Archer and Lucas talking outside my room.

My locked room...

Apparently I can't be trusted.

I wonder if the two of them even know that I'm inside this room. I mean, it does sound like they're talking about me.

Then again, I always think that everything is about me...

That's a habit I had to develop in high school because it was always something about me that people were talking about.

The pains of being a popular kid...

"Listen, she came up with a solution that none of the people in your IT team could! She knows this stuff! I can feel it!" Lucas insisted.

Now it really sounds like they're talking about me!

I mean, the only times people aren't talking about me has been whenever my parents are talking...

I seriously doubt if they remember about my existence...

"How can you be so sure about that?" Archer grunted. He was obviously annoyed with whatever Lucas was saying.

But then again, Lucas was a little too naive... Naiveness can be irritating at times...

Lucas's naiveness actually shocked me more when Thea, the girl who murdered a man right in front of me in the morning, told me that Lucas was her brother.

I mean... How is that even possible?!

This world is weird!

"Just ask her!" Lucas suggested.