Chapter 7: Sneak Out

"What are we supposed to be doing?" I whispered, looking around in the dark room.

"Be in bed, I guess." Lucas answered in a hushed voice as we hid behind the couch.

"We're supposed to be getting the rest we need to work efficiently the next day." Thea spoke in a deep voice, trying to imitate Archer's voice.

Ha!

That's definitely something he'd say...

"And why exactly aren't we doing that?" A 16-year-old, Oliver, asked.

Oliver was a new recruit from what I knew. He wasn't really a recruit though. He was following into his father's footsteps who had been working for Archer and before him, for his father.

So he was basically getting an advantage here because everyone already trusted him.

"Because we're defying our boss. We're trying to show him that there's more to our lives than work and workouts." I told him.

I mean, working and working out are the only two things I'm doing other than eating and sleeping.

And bathing... and brushing my teeth... And basically any other necessary stuff...

"We're being the rebels!" Lucas grinned.

He's such a kid!

But he's cute.

"Mr. Knight is going to kill us when he finds out." Oliver mumbled.

"Why would Archer's dad kill us for sneaking out for some fun?" I frowned.

"He was mentioning Archer only." Thea told me.

Oh...

"Don't worry. He told me a while ago that he protects his people. He won't kill us." I reassured the boy.

I am sure that he won't kill them but he might just kill me...

I am not exactly his favourite person...

Well, after being under observation while doing boring stuff all day besides a bit of regular torture in the gym room, I had had enough.

So, I rallied the only people I have managed to befriend in this place and we decided to sneak out tonight to go watch a movie.

But we forgot about the security. There were two guys with guns that were roaming around in the dark living room and gods how many outside.

The good thing was that according to Thea, we just had to make it to the garage.

She had already had a little chat with the guys at the gate so they would let us out.

That's why we were all crouching behind the couches, waiting for an opportunity to make a run for the door as soon as the two bouncers in the house were distracted enough.

"He might torture us though." Lucas shrugged.

"Oh god! Why are we even defying him then?" Oliver panicked.

And they want me to believe that these people are a part of the mafia?

"We're just going to the movies, Ollie!" Thea huffed. "You seriously need to work on your reassuring skills." She glared at Lucas.

"I wasn't lying!" He shot back.

"Lucas!" I hissed when I saw Oliver starting to shiver in fear.

"Archer won't kill us, bud!" Lucas smiled at Oliver. "I promise." He added.

I rolled my eyes at the doof before peeking out from our hideout to look for the guards.