Chapter 6: Cheese Burger

You know how everyone always says that what the boss says goes?

Well, that might be true...

"This is just a piece of nothing but fats waiting to attach themselves to your perfectly fit body." I commented seriously as I looked at the plate in front of me.

"This is a cheese burger." Archer chuckled. "Well, with extra cheese." He added.

Extra cheese?!

What it would have without the extra wasn't any better!

"Why can I not get a bowl of some veggies?" I asked him.

"Because you need to learn what real food tastes like." He told me. "Now eat." He pointed at the monstrosity in front of me.

"I know what real food tastes like. I think you're forgetting that I'm a rich brat." I reminded him of his words from before.

"You can eat this. You've worked out today. Burned a lot of calories." He sighed.

"I'd rather not." I shuddered as I looked at the burger loaded with extra fats.

How can people eat this?

Don't they care about their health?

Or hygiene?

The shop we were in was deserted, given that it was almost midnight and Archer had to threaten the guy who was about to close up to open up again for us.

But the place was filthier than the boy's locker room at my old high school.

And that's saying something!

Something serious...

That something being that this place probably has never seen a broom... Or a mop...

Even the tables were dirty!

How can people eat food here?!

"Are you actually afraid of a burger?" Archer asked.

"I'm more afraid of the disease this place has." I told him honestly. "I bet some of the bacteria here haven't even been discovered by the scientists yet!" I gagged.

Archer threw his head back and started laughing at my words.

I wanted to just stare and appreciate how nice he looked when he laughed, totally carefree and not like the ads he usually was, but I couldn't fathom how he could have taken such serious words as a joke.

"Just have a bite and I promise that if anything happens to you, I'll get you my best doctors and I'll also pay all your medical bills." He offered.

"I think you're forgetting that I'm a rich brat." I pointed out. "My parents might not check up on me enough to know that I was kidnapped but if they get to know that something happened, they'll pay anything to save their heir." I informed him.

At least I think my parents will do that...

They would, right?

"Well, then I don't really see what you're so afraid of. Just try the burger already." Archer brought my attention back to the burger.

"I'm afraid of the agony I'll be in when I am sick!" I rolled my eyes at his stupidity.

"Just eat it." He huffed, starting to get annoyed.

I decided not to anger him anymore merely because I believed that dying with a bullet to my head was less cooler than dying with a virus which when discovered in my system will at least make me famous.