Chapter 2: Information is Power

You know, loneliness is sometimes better than having people around you.

That's what I've always felt anyway. I never liked being around anyone. I did go to parties almost every night and hung out with a lot of people but that was all pretend. It was all fake.

I was the head cheerleader. So, even if I managed the impossible by avoiding all the people who wanted to get close to me for popularity, I had to be around my squad and the football team for obvious reasons.

And I know that I could've just quit the squad and I could've easily broken up with my quarterback boyfriend and worn an oversized hoodie to school everyday to avoid attention.

And here's the shocking news, I once did think about it too...

But I came from a rich and famous family.

If anyone had found out about who my parents were, I would've gotten attention anyway.

Then why should I have even tried to fight a battle I knew I was going to lose?

I didn't wanna lose. I'd lost too much already...

So instead, I used my name to create my own popular bubble. A bubble in which I was the queen who ruled over each and every high-schooler.

Those were days...

But in the midst of all that, I forgot that high school was going to come to an end at some point.

That is how I ended up with nothing but a broken heart and loneliness after those four years.

And that was why I was sure that if these people decided to kill me or to leave me in this room till I died, no one would know.

No one would care...

Absolutely no one.

The sudden sound of the door opening made me look up.

The Greek god entered before closing the door. He stood, leaning against the door and just looked at me with curiosity shining in his eyes.

"I know that I look like a mess but that's all on you, dude! You're the one keeping me locked here!" I spoke up when he just continued staring at me.

"Did someone send you to spy on us?" He asked me with a serious look on his handsome face.

"I don't even know who you are!" I chuckled. "I just wanted to have a night out. How could I have known that I would witness murder?" I shook my head.

This is ridiculous!

This is... It's weird.

It was... I don't even know what I was feeling at the moment.

This was all just too much happening too fast. And I was surprised that I was so calm about everything. It was like I could feel it in my bones that it was going to be fine in the end.

"Why aren't you scared?" The Greek god questioned. "Anyone in your position would be quivering in fear by now." He added.

"Well, I am not anyone." I shrugged.

The handsome guy was silent as he stared at me as if he was analysing me.

I was about to say something when he kept staring but just then, the door opened.

Mr. Naïve entered with a laptop in his hand and a panicked look on his face.

"Someone is trying to hack our systems!" Mr. Naïve almost yelled out in panic.

"What? Who?" Mr. Greek god looked at the laptop screen with an angry look. "What the fuck is happening, Lucas?" He asked.

"I don't know! I can't do anything! This is too advanced! Whoever it is who's doing this is so much better than me!" Mr. Naïve, whose name apparently was Lucas, almost whimpered as he looked at the screen.