Friends?

"EH?! SAWADA-KUN?" They all exclaimed looking at their classmate at the back of the class, they were confused with wide eyes and unhinged jaws, looking at him.

"What's your problem?", Sawada asked one of his eyebrows were raised. "Since when did you like getting called like that? And how does she know you in the first place?!" Uchiyama asked quite aggressively. "That's none of your business." He only said now paying attention to the front of the class.

They now turned back to their supposedly new classmate and asked her, "You! How do you know Sawada san?" they all exclaimed. She only look at them surprised and laughed nervously. "Leave it." Sawada said sternly. "Hai.", and they all went back to their seats with just what Sawada said.

Hanna was surprised with how they acted. Yet she didn't think bad or question about it. Yamaguchi then made her sit to wherever she wanted, she wanted to choose the seat next to sawada but was currently taken by someone else, everyone was looking at her quite curiosly. Sawada noticed that she wanted the seat next to him and turned his head to Minami.

"Minami go sit somewhere else." Sawada said lazily. "Why?" Sawada only gestured for him to move, and he did hesitantly.

Minami sat besides Noda and still was watching their new classmate. Sawada then looked at her lazily and gestured over the seat next to him. Hanna looked at him and sat down next to him.

"Hisashiburi, Shin." Their classmates shocked as if watching a live drama. "It hasn't been that long, baka." Sawada said turning his head to their classmates.

They all then scrambled and looked back up front as if nothing happened. Hanna was obviously confused with all that but decided to not question it either. A couple minutes passed and lessons started, Sawada then layed his head on his arms and slept while Hanna also felt sleep hug her tightly, sleeping was one of Hanna's favorite thing to do since she like to draw and paint the dreams she remembers, but this time she fought it wanting to be respectful to the teachers. She failed, miserably.

She woke up a few hours later when Sawada tapped her shoulder to wake her up. She raised her head to look at who it was,

"It's lunch time come eat." he said leaning slightly, the class decided to eat with their new classmate to get to know her better.

"Kagumi san, come eat with us at the rooftop!" Noda said to her cheerfully, their other classmates also agreed and nodded their heads.

Hanna was half awake and might've thought she was still dreaming since she went to lower her head back to her arm not even saying anything,

"Eh? Did she just go back to sleep?" Uchiyama asked confused as well as the other students. Sawada only chuckled at her actions, "Oi, that's enough sleeping get up and eat."

With that she again raised her head, her short hair was infront of her face a bit messed up. She yawned and stretched before fixing her hair. Everyone was watching her and waiting for her next reactions.

She stopped moving for a bit still having her eyes closed, she then finally rubbed her eyes looking up to a bunch of eyes looking at her. She jumped a bit, eyes widening.

"Ohayo~ Kagumi san, did you have a good sleep?", Minami joked. His classmates snickered and chuckled at his remark. "Eh? When did I fall asleep?" she asked confused. "Right before Fujiwara Sensei's lesson." Sawada said and they all laughed.

"Eh? Yabe!", she exclaimed. Her classmates laughed at her frantic state. "Don't worry about that now, come eat with us!" Kumai said, really eager to eat.

He walked to the back door which has a direct way to the rooftop their classmates following in suit.

"Eat where? shouldn't we be heading to the cafeteria?", "That's what we've been trying to telling you, we're going to eat up at the rooftop. Bring your lunch." Uchiyama explained to her, now walking following his classmates.

When she entered the door to the rooftops she was amazed to see how close they've been to each other, she saw them eating together joking around and laughing. She then snapped out of her thoughts when she was nudged to the side by Sawada who was behind her, she was practically blocking the door,

"Kagumi san come sit here!" Kumai said gesturing to an empty spot next to him and Sawada who was already seated eating.

She then walked over to him, she sat there and began to eat with them.
She listened to them talk to each other while she ate, she unconsciously smiled while she listened to them.

"Ne, Kagumi san why did you go to school here in just now and not the actual first day of class.", " Well it's because I was already in school that time." she said to them. They were now curious. "But why did you move here if you were already in school?" "The students and environment back at my old school wasn't really as good and welcoming as you are now." "Eh? You mean they were rude to you?" "Well, uh no?" she lied and they all looked at her confused.

"Okay, yes they were a bit unwelcoming and mean. So it didn't really work out." she said going back to eating.

After that they questioned her with different things, but made sure she was comfortable with them. They asked her a lot of things the whole time they ate lunch, she was glad that they were talking to her nicely.

"Oh! America must've been cool!"
"Sure, it was." she said with a light smile.

Just then the bell rang, they then cleaned up and got ready to go back to the classroom. On their way they still talked with her with the things they have interest on. When they got back to class she breifly mentioned that she liked action and martial arts, they all thought that was cool since not many girls they know like that kind of stuff. When they got to their seats Yankumi entered the room and started her lesson. After school Uchiyama and Kuma invited Kagumi to hangout with them, she thought about it thoroughly not wanting to be late to her Judo classes she has later on. She decided to go with them and just leave early or so.

Before she left Kumi chan asked her how her first day was and she told her how happy she was with how they were kind and welcoming towards her. Kumiko was happy that her students treated her as one of them and not an outcast. After that she said her goodbyes to her and her grandfather and went to go with her classmates. They went to the arcade to play a few games and stayed a while at the park, they talked and chased one another at the park while Sawada just layed there on the grass under the tree shade. She then said her early goodbyes to them a couple minutes later,

"Eh? Already?" Kuma asked. "Gomennasai, next time I'll make sure to stay until then.", she said with a slight frown. "Don't worry about it Kagumi, just know that we all can be here whenever you need." Uchiyama said to her, while all of them nodded at her.

She got taken a back but smiled nonetheless, "Does that mean we're friends now?" Kuma asked. She smiled even wider. "Yes! Of course!", she beamed. They all smiled at her even Sawada who was now standing up leaning against the same tree.

With that she left smiling looking back and waving at them. A fun adventure indeed and more to come.

Unedited
Friends?