-ˏˋCounting Freckles ˊˎ-

What better way to start off a book than with angst?

✦❘༻༺❘✦

He pushed his legs to move faster, muscles straining, chest heaving, throat dry and sweat dripping down his neck and forehead.

He had to run faster. He needed to move faster. He was too slow- too fucking slow but his body wouldn't listen to him- couldn't go any faster.

The hand clutching his phone trembled despite his death grip around it, his fingers and knuckles white from the lack of blood.

"Felix? Stay- stay with me baby, fuck I'm nearly there, okay?"

His heavy pants broke the flow of his sentence as he took twists and turns in the maze of corridors, trying to find his boyfriend.

A shaky breath escaped the device in his hand, followed by wet coughs.

"Ch-channie, stop. Please."

"No-no no , don't fucking tell me to stop, don't you dare," he could feel the tears he was trying to push back, blur his eyesight as he barged through multiple doors, only to find them all empty. "Stop talking."

He heard Felix inhale and gasp in pain, followed by a low chuckle.

"I don't want you to see me like this, please Chan, stop. F-for me."

Instead of replying straight away, the older male forced his burning thighs to carry him up the flight of stairs, taking three at once.

"Lix, I've seen you ass naked before- the fuck are you so worried about huh?"

If Felix didn't know any better, he'd think the older was angry at him, but he knew that wasn't the case.

"I don't want you to see me dead."

Felix relaxed slightly (well as much as a bleeding body could) when he didn't hear anything but silence, thinking his boyfriend paid heed to his wishes.

Good.

He could feel himself slipping away, legs numb, the puddle of blood he was lying in losing its warmth, and his hand that was drenched in the crimson liquid laid still against his wounds.

Only to feel his heart shatter and chest cave as the older let out a shaky sob. "You-you can't l-leave me Felix, please please please."

Chan couldn't believe the words he heard.

The possibility of his worst nightmare becoming a reality hitting him hard enough for his knees to buckle.

A life without his precious love wasn't a life worth living.

But soon enough, he reached the final door in their shared home-

Home? No this was no home.

Home is waking up to a naked, warm and gorgeous Felix curled up on top of him. Home is Felix and his pretty smile and even prettier eyes that held all the love and happiness. Home is Felix and his kitchen adventures waiting for him to try and criticise, even if the baked treats tasted like a piece of heaven itself.