-ˏˋAll I've Ever Wantedˊˎ-

The angsty ghost chan and human lix one shot

✦❘༻༺❘✦

Before he died, Chan would have considered himself to be an organised, well mannered and hard-working human.

He had the career of his dream, a house he bought with his own money, best friends he'd call his brothers, a family who loved him unconditionally and a genuine smile on his face.

But that made his frowns at night when his bed was too cold to sleep in alone, feel that much heavier.

So the day he saw the freckled blonde enter his restaurant and take a seat by the window, waiting to be served, he knew instantly, with the way his eyes brightened after a bite of the week's special, that the male was what he was missing.

Too bad the beautiful male didn't notice him.

But he couldn't blame the stranger. No one could see him making their meals from behind the scenes.

The blonde would visit every other day, sometimes with a friend to grab lunch, but most of the time he came alone.

Chan didn't mind. At least he got to see him again.

And he unintentionally learnt the stranger's schedule and their go-to meal on the menu.

After Chan died, he felt his first heartbreak- having to watch his restaurant, his pride and joy, close down.

His second heartbreak came from the blonde's frown as he stood across the street to see the shutters being locked in place.

Chan found himself following the male, wanting to offer comfort but not knowing how when no one could see him.

He was a ghost after all.

Still, he followed him, walking right beside him as the blonde hummed, completely oblivious to his existence with headphones blasting a concert piece by Rachmaninoff.

When they reached the freckled male's house, he stood outside, feeling uncomfortable with entering without permission.

Then again, he was a ghost. It's not like he'd ever know.

So he, only recently finding out he could pass through walls, continued forward, shuddering at the feeling of walking through brick and absorbing his surroundings.

He should have known the blonde would settle for nothing less than comfort and cosiness, the walls a soft beige, the floor a dark nut-brown and framed pictures of friends and family lining the walls.

It screamed home.

The ghost learnt the stranger's name was Lee Felix.

He learnt that the blonde couldn't fall asleep without drinking a glass of warm milk, refused to wake up before 8 am, loved to bleach his hair at 3 am in the morning after having a mental breakdown, kept Friday nights to himself instead of going out with friends unlike most adults his age and couldn't forge a decent meal to save his life.

After spending three, torturous, weeks watching the younger, he decided to take matters into his own pale, transparent hands.

Although he didn't know how he was expecting Felix to react to random things moving in his kitchen until a less than perfect plate of spaghetti (he had to make do with the little ingredients he found in the bare cabinets) was presented to him.

Chan stood there awkwardly, plate resting on both palms, hoping, praying the younger wouldn't faint with the way his jaw hovered above the ground, face paling a little too quickly.