-ˏˋ Something Stupid ˊˎ-

short and fluffy
Confessing feelings-Felix pining and doing smth about it.

✦❘༻༺❘✦

"I'm going to do something stupid," Felix muttered under his breath,  unintentionally gaining Hyunjin's attention.

The older glanced up at him from staring at his phone, mouth stuffed with a steamed bun, hand moving to already pick up another.

All eight of them were in the waiting room, just having finished filming their comeback performances and still buzzing with the slowly fading adrenaline from all the dancing and singing, some eating to regain energy whilst others changed into much comfier clothes that weren't jeans and layers of stage makeup.

Felix was doing neither, simply sitting on a couch, an arm and leg hanging off as he stretched out, skin uncomfortable with sweat and feeling hazy with all the fading energy.

He didn't even notice when Hyunjin came to sit on the mat in front of him, grinning happily as he munched away on food he didn't have to pay for- Changbin's frustrated cries over losing rock, paper, scissors more than enough of an explanation.

The older rapper never seemed to notice the recurring outcome of losing at the game of chance, yet always complained when he lost. Over and over again.

But Changbin's anguish over his empty wallet was the least of his problems when Felix's tired eyes fell upon his fellow Aussie.

The leader of their group had already finished changing into his usual black hoodie and shorts, now leaning against the wall with his arms crossed and laughing at Changbin's exaggerated cries.

His deep dimples were on show, eyes curved into crescent moons with how hard he was smiling and giggling, tiny squeaks escaping him as he slowly lost the oxygen in his lungs and Felix could only stare pathetically at the heartwarming sight, melting further into the couch.

It was a good thing he wasn't standing because it would be hard to explain why he dropped to the floor.

It's not like he could say the love of my life laughed so my knees buckled because, y'know, too much serotonin.

Well, he could.

But that means telling Chan, his leader, his best friend, his rock, his soulmate, his favourite person in the entire planet, the absolute love- you get what he means- that he's in love with him.

He couldn't do that.

Then again, he could...

What exactly was stopping him from making the most reckless decision of his life?

But...

"What do you mean stupid, Lix?" Hyunjin barely got out without choking.

Chan turned to glance at him at the sound of his name, giggles coming to a stop when the two made eye contact, a gentle smile taking over the older's features.

Felix could swear there were literal stars in his eyes.

The younger didn't even have it in him to be embarrassed of being caught staring and instead continued to gaze with dark eyes dripping with fondness and parted lips, cheek squished against the faux leather of the couch.

Chan raised a brow, wordlessly asking him if he was okay.

Was he okay?

His heart was beating at a pace that could only be detrimental to his health (which seemed to be the case whenever he was in close proximity to his best friend), and his palms felt sweaty with nerves as he (once again) forgets all basic knowledge on how to hold a conversation, having to swallow down the urge to confess all his unadulterated feelings at the mere sight of Chan.

He responded with a smile but he couldn't help but grimace internally at his horrible attempt.

Eyes rushing between the two Aussies, Hyunjin, an onlooker of the interaction repeated his question. "Felix. What do you mean stupid?"

Felix sat up swiftly, exhaling in defeat. 

He really let his intrusive thoughts win.

"Something really, really stupid."

He stood on his two feet, eyebrows furrowed in determination, and approached the leader who stood awkwardly, eyes widened in innocent confusion and the slightest hints of worry.

Of course he'd worry. If Felix didn't currently have an entire zoo running around his stomach, he would have rolled his eyes at Chan's caring nature and almost parental instincts that came hand in hand with any of the straykids members.

With four large steps, Felix stood in front of Chan.

With both his hands he cupped Chan's cheeks. Hard enough to squeeze his cheeks till his lips jutted out into a pout.

And with a shallow exhale, he pressed his own lips against the older', before pulling away quickly, eyes hurriedly searching for a reaction from his frozen leader.

Kisses were normal between the eight of them.

On the cheek, the nose, the forehead, the thigh when heads were resting on laps, and the shoulder when bodies were leaning against each other, the nape during back hugs and the crown of the head during rushed good mornings and goodbyes.

Straykids were just touchy and all eight of them thrived on constant physical affection. 

Even the maknae had grown used to being manhandled into cuddle sessions at least every other day.

Kisses on the lips, however.

That was uncharted territory.

The room stilled into dead silence and Felix could feel his members stare at them.

He assumed the choked gasp of shock was Hyunjin and the muffled "gay" was Jisung.

"Uh," Chan started, cheeks (that were now bright red) still squished between Felix's small palms. "Um-"

Before he could continue, Felix kissed him again but didn't stop at an aggressive peck. Instead, he pressed himself against the older till the two were against the wall and let their lips interlock in a deeper kiss, noses bumping aggressively.

But when the older's palms pulled him impossibly closer, the younger melted further into Chan, panting as he pulled back for air, lips tingling as they began to swell and tingle and pulled up into the brightest grin.

Chan!Kissed!Him!Back!

"Are you guys done?" Minho interrupted blankly, but Felix couldn't think of anything other than the warmth of the older's palms seeping into the skin of his waist and his heavy breaths against his cheek. "Cause our manager and driver are waiting for us outside," Minho finished.

"We're talking about this when we get home," the leader whispered between breaths, his thumb smoothing over Felix's bottom lip.

The younger only nodded, following the latter blindly out the building with hearts in his eyes, the two sitting in silence at the back of the van with their fingers interlaced.

✦❘༻༺❘✦