-ˏˋCan't Help But Want You ˊˎ-

Pt.1 of King Chan breaking King Felix's heart

✦❘༻༺❘✦

When Chan decided to end their relationship (whatever they could call the mess they had), Felix didn't stop him- just sat on his throne made of gold, a leg crossed over the other, knuckles white with how hard he was gripping the hand rest, as he stared out a window, refusing to look at the older.

Refusing to look at him and burst into tears because how could Chan leave him? How dare he stroll into his heart, bend it to his will and then simply leave?

But Felix was weak.

And irrevocably in love.

So he let him leave.

Let him leave as he spent every night screaming into his sheets for the older to come back, even if it was just for a night.

Even if all he wanted was for Felix to to lay naked in his silk sheets, spread out just for him to fuck and leave once again, like he was nothing but a whore for pleasure, stained in his cum and bruises that would last weeks.

He'd do it. Felix would do it without second thought.

When Felix met Chan (still the beloved Prince of his kingdom), he was blind to the cruel , cruel King of the North.

But Chan was sweet to him.

He gave him what he wanted, no matter what it was.

Chan gave Felix love, a love Felix would chose over and over again, in every life.

But Chan didn't even blink twice when he gave Felix up.

Felix became King and things changed.

A king that cared for his kingdom and people, a king with followers who'd lay on nails for him to walk across. He was a king loved by all, but all the love he craved was of the one person who no longer wanted anything to do with him.

"I no longer love you, your highness."

Your highness.

Not Lix, not love, not sunshine, not darling.

It hurt.

But Felix still let Chan leave.

It's not like their love could have lasted- two Kings could never love each other, so they loved in secret, until Chan decided he's had enough.

Maybe Felix wasn't enough?

Maybe when Chan said he no longer loved the younger, with the coldest, emptiest voice, face void of emotion, he meant he never loved Felix.

It hurt.

It hurts.

And it still hurts now, as he read over the wedding invitation, Chan's name printed on the front in beautiful cursive, next to the name of someone that wasn't him.

That night, Felix cried himself to sleep, shoulders trembling, throat raw from his heavy sobs, pillows wet with tears, heart heavy with the constant ache of heartbreak.

Felix dreamt of Chan.

Chan who'd held him in his arms in the back of his private garden, Chan who peppered loving kisses on every inch of his skin, Chan with his tender touches and soft lips and rough thrusts. Chan who'd whisper sweet nothings in his ear as he fell asleep in his strong arms that could shield him from the world's hatred. Chan with ice blue eyes and blond hair with the prettiest smile. Chan who promised to give him the world.