-ˏˋDragon's Goldˊˎ- ₚₜ ₂

✦❘༻༺❘✦

"Felix- put me- down! Right now!" Chan all but screeched between breaths at a pitch he didn't know he was capable of reaching and desperately gripping onto the white dragon, a good twenty metres off the ground.

His eyes were clenched shut, face pale with fear and stomach churning at the swift turns and swirls the dragon performed.

He was not made for this.

You humour me.

"Put me down!" Chan replied in frustration.

Nearly crying out in relief as the ground grew closer, Chan huffed and puffed, fingers caressing the grass he kneeled in, tears in his eyes and thanking God for letting him live to see another day silently.

"I am not a toy for your amusement and- oh for fuck's sake put on some damned clothes you shameless reptile!"

What did I do to deserve such a fate?

"No," Felix answered stubbornly, plopping down as close as possible to the human, scaled tail coiling around Chan's arm.

It had been weeks since the Prince had returned from his journey with a dragon shifter instead of a princess and there was no signs of the beast leaving any time soon.

Not with the way he clung to Chan like glue, glaring at anyone that came within a 3ft range to the human who'd glance apologetically when the dragon would snarl threateningly, claws ready to sink into flesh.

Albeit the inconvenience of dragging a clingy, protective and very aggressive dragon shifter around all day and night (yes, he'd even sleep in the same bed as the Prince. Sometimes sit on the bed, back straight as he stared out the window all night, cold eyes entranced by the moonlight and sometimes he'd shift into his larger form, body having to curl multiple times for him to fit in Chan's room, snout heavy in his lap and breaths lulling the human into a deep slumber), the brunette found himself growing accustomed to Felix's demanding presence.

He was almost fond of him.

Almost- not when he'd pick him off the ground with his claws and throw him onto his back whenever he wished to give Chan a heartattack.

Or when he'd chomp on raw meat, purring happily as Chan struggled to keep his own meals in his stomach.

Atleast it wasn't human meat.

Chan crossed his free arm behind his head before leaning back to lay in the grass, somewhat glad Felix had managed to steal him from his responsibilities once again.

He released a slow sigh, breath evening out in a relaxed daze with the dragon's hellish body heat and the soothing sound of nature, the sky a marble of pastel pinks and purple.

Sleep. I will watch over you.

Ah, Chan thought, as he slipped under. I must have saved a bunch of people in my past life to live this fate.

✦❘༻༺❘✦

Chan woke to the vibrations of the dragon's soft purs against his stomach, where Felix had apparently laid his head, the rest of his body curling around him awkwardly.

Only after blinking the sleep away, did he realise he was covered in sweat from the heat the dragon radiated. It didn't help that Felix was practically laying on top of him, acting as his personal blanket.