Midnight (Soulmates)

The chance of me using my new Ao3 account to write Sundrop and Moondrop fnaf stuff is..

High

Follow me on it, or whatever you do to an A03 author. The name is "PurpleFluffball"

"You're soaking wet."

"I know."

"You didn't think to bring a jacket?"

Dream stepped past her, feet carrying him straight to the bathroom. He needed to clean himself, the moisture dampening his bones making his spine prickle in an uncomfortable manner. Gripping the bottom of his hoodie he tugged it up off of his skull, casting it aside into the washing basket. The feeling was sickly, the moistness crawling across his body to join the slowly spreading guilt that crept up from from his toes, working towards the soul that half an hour ago had been fucked within an inch of collapse. The presence of pleasure was still strong, phantom tremors rippling through his body and making his joints feel weak. He'd blame any shivers for the cold weather.

"No." He answered simply, fingers closing around one of his plush towels and pressing it to his bones to dry. "I forgot to check the weather app before I went; oh, but I found you some nice nails, by the way."

The woman frowned, fingers gripping her arm in a regretful manner. He knew it was that for the reason that he'd held the same stance when coming back into the bedroom to see her after kissing Killer on the balcony. "If I'd known it was going to pour with rain I wouldn't have sent you out like that- I'm sorry-"

Shaking his head quickly Dream looked to her, facecloth patting down his skull. He'd shower after this, first he'd have to put his girlfriend to rest. "Listen Abi, it's fine. I hid under one of the shop overhangs for a while, but once I realised it wasn't going to get any better I decided I might as well accept my fate of getting wet." He found that lying to her wasn't as hard as he'd expected it to be.

His hand and to her cheek Abi sighed, letting his words convince her. A soft inhale drew from her lips and she paused, voice soft. "You smell of cigarettes.." He didn't smoke.

For a brief moment he felt his gut go tight, golden pupils flashing. If he were Killer he'd have already planned an exact response to manipulate the truth. He'd have practiced it in the elevator instead of bruising his lips against a man who was by fate supposed to be a stranger. The sly grin, the soft kiss on the forehead to create a false sense off security for her. Instead of all this he went silent, the air thick for almost 10 seconds before he found his voice.

"There were two men sheltering under the same overhang that I was; they smoked at least half a pack between them each. Sorry if it bothers you." Not a complete lie. He used to dislike the smell of cigarettes - and he still did really. There was simply something different about the way Killer smelt. The smoke in his hood was woody, a musky scent that left his nasal passage burning softly. It was nice actually, almost comforting against the usual cancerous smell of smoke.

"No no- I don't dislike it; it simply caught me off guard." She seemed shy, almost distant in the moment. Dream didn't care, it only made their separation easier.

"I'll have a shower now to clean up and get rid of the smell. I'll show you the nails I liked the look of after, if you trust my opinion." A tired smirk followed, something he assumed Killer would have done to Outer when he got back twenty minutes earlier. In fact he'd probably kissed Outer, held him in his arms and told him how he loved him. Dream couldn't bring himself to do the same to Abi.

She nodded, a cheeky glance forming for a moment. "Are you sure you don't need me to join? Just in case there are spots you can't reach?"

It earned a forced laugh, a soft push to her chest sending her a few steps back. "Not tonight, perhaps next time though." Oh how he hoped she'd forget.