𝟎𝟖 - ❝A PUNCH AWAY.❞

🌻🌈🎉e n j o y🎉🌈🌻

🌻🌈🎉e n j o y🎉🌈🌻

"𝐇𝐄𝐘, 𝐘𝐔𝐙𝐔𝐇𝐀! 

"𝐇𝐄𝐘, 𝐘𝐔𝐙𝐔𝐇𝐀! 

𝐖𝐇𝐘 𝐃𝐈𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊?"

Yuzuha scoffs, gritting her teeth as she holds the phone close to her ear. She didn't seem too happy about the question. It was quite obvious she was mad, but how could you know? Both of you were talking on the phone because Yuzuha just left all of a sudden. But it seemed like you'd know the answer soon.

"I was kicked out by that boyfriend of yours!" Yuzuha complains, a scowl on her face.

"Yuzuha, he isn't my boyfriend and you know that!" You exclaim, cheeks burning with embarrassment. "I'd rather grow into an old lady surrounded with cats for the rest of my life than date him!"

"Y/N, you like that idea - So it doesn't count," Yuzuha says, eliciting a groan. "As soon as I was done treating the guys, he told me to leave. I wanted to go back, believe me, but he was dragging me outside your apartment. I'd try to go back in, but then Hakkai-kun just called me, telling me to make dinner."

"What gives Haitani any right to do that?" You said, sighing. "I don't know why he's been annoying me more than usual lately.."

"Y'know.." Yuzuha says, twirling a strand of her ginger hair. "A boy pulls on the pigtails of a girl he likes."

Raising an eyebrow at Yuzuha's statement, you were confused as to why she'd suddenly say that. Realizing more context of what she just said, you could feel your face burn up.

"Y-Yuzuha!" You say, flustered like a boiling kettle. "He wouldn't! I mean, I know we're best friends but let's be honest here: he could do better than someone like me."

"Why'd you think he could do better?" Yuzuha raises an eyebrow in amusement, wearing a smirk on her face. "I thought you didn't care what he thinks?"

"I don't! But you know there are more beautiful girls out there," You say, laying on your bed. "So why would he stoop so low to me only to bully me-"

"Y/N, you're insulting yourself at this point," Yuzuha says, a sad pout on her face. "I don't do this at all, but you're more than beautiful than any of the girls I've ever met. Inside and out. You may not think that, but some people do. And maybe he could be one of them.."

You look at the phone, wishing it was Haitani Rindo and slapped it softly, careful that it wouldn't break. You bring the phone to your ear again, trying to hear better of what Yuzuha was saying.

"But what I'm most curious about is how those boys earlier thought you were his girlfriend," Yuzuha says, a puzzled look on her face. "I mean, I know gang leaders could be mean but not that mean. Not with those wounds."

"C'mon, he's Haitani Rindo," You say, staring at the ceiling. "He could do anything if he wanted to."

"Exactly," Yuzuha says, an amused smile at your response. "So wouldn't you think, that, maybe.. He wanted to see you? And used his men for that-"

"No, just-- no-"

"Y/N, I know it's a bit assumptious but we've got to think about the possibilities here," Yuzuha says, eyes beaming. "I mean, what else would be the logical explanation?"

"To harass me-"

"Hasn't he already done that for so long? Men could be greedy, but this is pretty extraordinary."

"Don't talk about that like a documentary-"

"I'm just saying you have to accept other possibilities," Yuzuha says, looking over at Hakkai eating. "You're underestimating yourself too much. Remember, even my older brother likes you enough to let me hang out with you. I think you know how threatening he can be."

You stay quiet on your end, new words heard as arrows of speed hit your chest. You were alone, you never had anybody in the apartment. It was a change of pace whenever Yuzuha gave you advice. She served as an older sister, and her advice always somehow managed to help you out. Even though her words of encouragement were slightly unusual, they helped.

"Alright, I've got to go, see ya?"

"See you."

You looked at the phone asking for a rating of your call, skipping it and staring at it blankly.

Any. Any other thought could be open to you and you could talk for hours about it. But why was the idea of Rindo liking you so exciting yet so scary? You close your eyes, trying to sleep. But then, you couldn't. So, you scrolled through your phone searching for anything to make you sleepy.

But the fact Rindo could like you kept you awake all night.