Chapter 2

I sat down on my knees in a dark room. At the age of 17, you are taught how to give yourself to the king. I hated the idea of submitting willingly to a guy. But. If you didn't submit. It was rumored to be your death. So no woman ever dared. I set myself into place.

- Sit in the middle of the floor on your knees
-Your knees need to be parted slightly
-Your hands had to be cupped and above your head
-Your head was to be low at all times and you are never to lookup
-You are never to speak unless given permission
-You must obey his every whim and never question.

I was set up and arguing with myself how ridiculous this was. " Don't speak, Don't move, What next? Don't breathe?" I grumbled in my head. "This is ridiculous-" My thoughts were cut off by the sound of a door opening. I heard the sound of shoes. Men shoes. It sounded like two men... They came from the left, no wait the right... The middle? We weren't allowed to look up so I couldn't tell.

The sound of shoes came closer but stopped right before me. The spicy masculine smell burned my throat and reached my stomach. I could feel his eyes burning me.. Burning holes through my exposed skin. I felt the urge to look up and meet this man's gaze. But I was prohibited. I waited for something. Anything but he just stood there. Watching me.

He uttered not a word as I heard the steps circle my body. This was agony. Till he stopped at my back and I felt the slip of silk over my eyes. He brushed his fingers on the sides of temples. This caused an electrical current to go through my body. His fingers gently caressed my face. He pulled so stray hairs from my ponytail away from my face. As he continued to tie the silk behind my head.

He tied it tight enough so it wouldn't slip.. but he was gentle. Was he like this with all women? Or just me. "He is a slimy king, he gets what he wants and he does it through sweet manipulation." My conscience spat at me. I remember and pushed past those thoughts. I kept my same stance.. like I was a statue.. frozen in place.

He removed his hands and circled back to my front. I felt his thumb and his index finger pull my chin gently up. I thought we weren't allowed to tilt our head up? I heard him get close to me. His knee was inches from my exposed core, while his breath brushed against my lips. He was so close I had to bite my lip to keep from gasping.

His presence was intoxicating. His touch was exotic and fired every one of my feminine senses. I felt his thumb slide up from my chin to my lower lip. His thumb brushed my lips and I felt the pull to him. The pull to submit. I couldn't. I wouldn't. I felt his breath close to mine and I tipped my head up closer to him. To his lips. I needed him.

He planted one small feather-like kiss on my lips. His lips were soft and warm. He slides his hand to brush the side of my face before pulling my rubber band out. He was gentle with every touch. From how he caressed me.. to his small feathery kisses down my neck. He never bit me.. he only made me feel. Like a woman. He kissed his way down my neck to my chest. My core was damp and threatened to drip. I couldn't let him get the weak part of me. But. What was so wrong with letting him.

I turned my head away. Although I couldn't see him. I could feel his eyes scorching my body. In my life. I was the strong, stubborn woman in our kingdom. I never let a boy kiss me. Never let a boy lay their hands on me. But now.. in his presence. I wanted nothing more than to let him ravish me. Nothing more than to feel his hands roam my body. I felt my arousal drip down my thighs. I should have worn my panties.

He left one final kiss right before my swollen breasts before he stood up. Or at least. I thought he did. The air seemed crisper and less intoxicating. For a second I could breathe. Well. That was until I felt a hand brush right between my thighs. He must have noticed I was dripping because he trailed his hand up my thighs ever so lightly. Till he was inches from my core...

His hands were like a flame to my exposed core. It burned and ached and begged to be touched. But he didn't. He didn't satisfy my needs. He touched the floor, underneath me and took his hand back. God. Why couldn't he just- I felt hands behind me. This time they were rough as they tipped my head up. His hand reached underneath my chin and he put pressure on both sides of my jaw.