7. Loyalty

"He didn't tell me that Namjoon has a child," Jungkook said as soon as Yoongi answered the call. "Are you aware of this?"

"If you learned before that Namjoon has a child, are you going to back out?"

Jungkook took a deep breath, sinking on the couch as he tried to think of the consequences of his actions.

"I thought you said to me that no matter what, you needed to get in. Your mole worked hard for it. You should be thankful. And besides, that's why you're there, to unfold all the secrets inside that mansion."

Jungkook pulled out his hair as frustrations started taking him in, "I don't want the child to lose a father. How would he grow up in shame?"

Jungkook heard a laugh from the other line and he realized he was getting weak once more. He trained so hard for this, "Jungkook, Jungkook, Jungkook. Where's your reasoning now? What you're discovering inside that mansion is just an appetizer. How about remembering what you've gone through? Do you think it would be different once the child learned that he grew up wealthy because his father is feeding him from illegal doings? If you want that child not to grow up in shame, the more you need to work hard.

Listen to me, think about all the people who helped you just to get inside that mansion. And the people who would finally get their freedom once we put Namjoon behind bars. You were so determined back then and would not even flinch of the possible consequences. You said all you want is to get back what he took from you. Now, seeing a child, are you backing out? Or is it really the child?"

Jungkook scoffed as he went back by the window and stared at the wall enclosing the secret room, "Stop saying nonsense. You know the reason why I'm here."

"I know. Seokjin is a handsome man. I cannot blame you, to be honest."

Jungkook tried to brush away Yoongi's comment. He knew it wasn't that significant. "Sorry. I know my anxiety is taking over me again. I just don't understand why you didn't inform me about the child. That's all. But I'm sticking to the plan."

•••

Jaehyun held his index finger against his lips as he shush Taehyung and Jungkook who just come in. Jungkook noticed Jin sleeping on the sofa while Jaehyun was playing on the floor. The maid who came with them pushed the trolley to the dining area and started to place the food on the table.

Taehyung smiled as he kneeled, "We bring your breakfast. Your appa must be hungry."

Jaehyun looked at his sleeping father. Sadness was evident on the child's face. "He couldn't sleep last night. His legs were ouchy. Can we let appa sleep for a while?"

Taehyung nodded his head as he held Jaehyun's hand and led him to the dining table. "Your appa needs to eat later so his legs won't be ouchy anymore. I will leave you with Jungkook because I need to accompany your father somewhere."

Jaehyun just smiled before turning his head to Jungkook. "Come eat with me, Agent Jeon."

Jungkook smiled at Jaehyun and helped him put sausage and scrambled eggs on his plate. "I already ate breakfast. I'll just stay here while you eat."

"But Agent Hwang used to eat with us whenever appa is here with me. You don't like to eat with me?"

Seeing the frown on the child's face, Jungkook sat down across Jaehyun and got some sausage. "Alright. I'll eat because my boss told me."

"Boss? Is that me?"

Jungkook, with a fond smile on his face, nodded making Jaehyun giggle.

"How old are you?"