19. Longing

Jin stared at the newspaper in his hand. He had to read the headline several times before it finally sank in. He wondered how much money Namjoon paid the media for their marriage announcement to be on the headline of a broadsheet.

It was nothing for him. It wasn't at all important. But as tears formed in his eyes, he was worried once again. He felt as if his stomach was being squeezed he wanted to throw up. He was sure it was in all the newspapers, magazines, and TV shows. He was sure Jungkook was able to read the news, or at least watched a show or two. Maybe, it was even in the commercials. He must be really angry at him. It made him feel dizzy.

Jin had to grab onto the edge of a table. His knees suddenly felt weak. His eyes were blurry from the tears that kept on forming in them. The ceiling started to come closer, as well as the walls, he felt as if they would crush them. His knees buckled. He didn't remember what happened next.

Jin opened his eyes with him already on the bed. He glanced at the window and the weather seemed to know what he was feeling inside; dark and gloomy. His heart started to pound when he heard the voice of the person he hated the most. "You collapsed. How are you now?"

Jin just stared at the ceiling, not saying a word. He didn't want to waste a word to someone who kidnapped him and was now, forcing him to marry. But he knew Namjoon well. In such a short span, he knew how violent he could be. And the next thing he knew, Namjoon was above him, fingers wrapped around his neck.

Jin's eyes teared up, he was clueless as to what triggered Namjoon to lose his temper. He dared maintain eye contact with Namjoon as Namjoon strangled him, it was full of anger. "Who the fuck is the father of your child?"

Jin's eyes widened. He didn't know what Namjoon was talking about. He was just holding on tightly to Namjoon's wrist, trying his best to remove the hands from squeezing his throat. "I-i d-don't know what you're t-talking about..."

Namjoon removed his hands from Jin's neck causing Jin to gasp for air. Ran his fingers on his hair, frustrated, "You are hard-headed but not stupid. Since when did you know you are pregnant?"

Jin held his stomach. He didn't know. But he felt weird the past few days. He thought it was only stress. But now, it became clearer. He was bearing a child. A child he and Jungkook made.

"The doctor will come back again to remove that."

Jin's tears immediately fell upon hearing what Namjoon had just said. Though he already expected Namjoon would threaten him, fears started to creep in when he heard in person. He could not stomach the thought of losing the baby. The only physical memory he would ever have from Jungkook. "No! Please, no!"

Namjoon barked a laugh, his fingers tapping vigorously on the wooden table. "And you think I will allow you to be pregnant for another man while we are about to get married? What would I get from that? Shame?"

"Me."

Namjoon laughed at Jin's answer. "I already have you."

"But not my heart. If you will kill my baby, I will do my best to kill myself."

Namjoon smirked as he kneeled on the bed, caressing Jin's moist cheeks, "Seokjin, baby, are you threatening me?"

"I'm not. I'm just telling you what I would and could do once you take my baby away from me."

"You think I will believe you?"

"Then try me. I know I cannot kill you but I can certainly kill myself."

Namjoon stared at Jin's eyes. He was poor at reading emotions, much more on what Jin was thinking at that moment. But based on what he tried to perceive, there was no trace of lies in Jin's eyes. Though it was hard for his pride to admit, he was afraid to lose Jin. He knew Jin would be a great asset. Jin was handsome. He was captivated the moment he saw him. Being with Jin for a short period, he learned that Jin could be smart if he wanted to. He could be fierce. Though he didn't care about Jin's past or background, having Jin would be good for him. For his business. For his ego. And he knew he would never find someone who has it all like Jin. But it seemed that now, Jin could also be a threat.