30.

Blood is thicker than water.

Jimin had numerous hesitations on why he needed to visit his brother. But as Jin said, Namjoon is still his brother.

He had mixed emotions over the idea. He hated his brother. He was embarrassed. He didn't even want to be called related. But at the same time, he was worried. He sometimes wondered if his brother was okay. If he was eating well. Or if he was sleeping comfortably.

He sat down on the folding chair inside the gray room. He was told that was the visitation area. His eyes wandered around, and he saw several cameras installed around the ceiling. He already felt suffocated. He could not fathom what the actual cells looked like.

His body jerked when the door opened. Police escorted his brother in a handcuff and helped him settle on the chair across from his.

"Who forced you to come here? I thought you forgot about me." Namjoon raised an eyebrow. The eye patch wasn't there anymore. The stitches on his eye were evident, but it seemed to not bother him.

Jimin could not help but feel sorry for his brother. The last time he saw him was at the hospital, with a bandage around his right eye area. The second time was at the court when he stood against him. He didn't feel remorseful about that. He felt somehow accountable for what happened. He always wanted to end his brother's illegal activities. But due to fear, he felt scared for his life. And for the lives of everyone around them.

"Your eye is fully healed now," Jimin commented. He was staring into the eye with apparent scarring.

"Why do you care? Did you forget that your boyfriend caused this? Why exactly are you here? You betrayed me. Your brother."

Jimin remained calm. He kept on chanting in his head what Jin had reminded him. He is still your brother. "You betrayed a lot of people to get what you wanted. It's just fair. I cannot hold a gun, as our father ridiculed me for. But I have a principle that both of you don't have. And I'll stand by that principle. Even if it means turning my back on you."

Namjoon laughed at what Jimin had just said. Scratching his head with his fingers, Namjoon smirked at his brother. "Fuck your principle. I don't need you and your fucking principle. I am already judged even before trial. I hope you're all happy to see me behind bars."

Jimin wanted to sigh loudly. His brother did not even change a bit. But he could still see a tear in the corner of his brother's eye. Again, Jimin chanted what Jin said, 'Be the bigger person.' "I am happy to see you there, don't worry. And you're right; everyone is delighted to put you where you deserve finally. But like Jin said, you're still my brother, and I'm hurting to see you there.

I know our father raised you wrongly. It's not all your fault. But you have a choice. You could have chosen the right path. Still, I am worried about you. Genuinely worried. But I cannot just sit there and let the people who suffered because of you cannot get the justice they deserve. I am standing for what is right. If that's betrayal, then yes, I am willing to betray you for the truth.

I hope, somehow, someday, you'll change. I forgave you. Jin said he forgave you. I know you'll say you don't need it and you will never ask for it, but still, we forgave you. We want to give ourselves peace of mind. I hope you'll get yours too as you spend some of your years there. Please be healthy. And don't pick fights there. I love you."

Jimin did not wait for his brother to respond. Instead, he hurriedly headed toward the door and shut it close as quickly as he could. His heart was pounding against his chest as he wiped the tears that ran down his cheeks.

He felt relieved. There was a pain in his heart, but a significant amount of weight lifted from his chest. Jin was right. He needed to visit his brother. He was still his brother, after all. And he was the only family his brother had.