14. Irony

AN.

I know this book is not as popular as the others. That's why I want to thank my loyal readers for reading and staying with me. You're the reason why I'm writing. To be honest, I love this book. I hope you do too.

Take care, everyone!

•••

Jungkook picked up Jin's clothes and put them on the bed. Jin slowly put them on, avoiding Jungkook's stares.

Jungkook twirled Jin to face him, helping Jin to button his shirt, "How long did you practice that?"

Jin finally looked up, but Jungkook's eyes were fixed on his fingers buttoning the shirt. "What do you mean?"

"Honestly, it felt nice that the only word you spoke was my name. You were soundless the whole time. Is that how between you and Namjoon?"

Jin's stares turned into a glare. He found the question a bit insulting. "You have no business to know."

Jungkook smirked, "But I'm not Namjoon. You're not supposed to do the same."

"What we just did is forbidden. I cheated."

The smirk on Jungkook's face disappeared, "Is forcing you to marry him not forbidden?"

Jin's eyes suddenly went wide. He did not expect the retaliation. And the question left a pinch of pain in his heart.

"Is marrying without love not forbidden?"

"...."

"I know it happens to some but isn't that cruel? Marriage without love should not happen to anyone. So is marrying someone you're not happy to be with. Love should not be forced. So is being happy. It's such a waste of time when you spend your life with someone you're only forced to be with. Someone you're not supposed to be with. Someone who would physically hurt you just to hold you around the neck. Someone other than the person you loved."

Jin blinked his eyes a couple of times as tears threatened to fall. A lump painfully formed in his throat as he tried to suppress his cry. Jungkook's words resonate in his whole being.

"You talking about cheating is hypocrisy. Your husband is cheating right in front of your face. Indirectly insulting you that the man he's cheating with is pregnant. Giving that man money right in front of you. That's the stupidest thing you've ever done aside from marrying him.

Isn't it ironic? Love is the most sought feeling but also one of the most painful? But we still seek for it. We still want to feel it and to give it, even we're aware not to receive anything in return. Or worst, the person you gave all your love will only deceive you. But that's being human. Isn't it Seokjin?"

Tears rolled down Jin's cheek. Jungkook knows how to make his heart flutter and then crush it afterward. It may sound brutal, but Jin found Jungkook's arrogance attractive though Jungkook knows how to mentally torture him.

Jungkook smiled as he wiped Jin's tears, "Love gives you hope. No matter how hurt you've been, you're willing to forgive. No matter the manner he left you, you're willing to wait."

Jungkook held Jin's gaze. He could tell, Jin's stares were full of pains, fears, and regrets. Finally, Jin stepped back. Turning his back from Jungkook to compose himself. "Why are you saying that to me? I did not do that for revenge. Revenge never crossed my mind. You don't know anything. Instead of prying about my life, what you need to do is to protect yourself from Namjoon. He would kill us once he learned about this."

Jin walked out of his bedroom as Jungkook trailed behind him, "He wouldn't know."

Jin looked at his son's bedroom door, making sure it was closed. He didn't want his son to witness something he shouldn't. "I'm not sure where your bravery is coming from. You are overconfident. The way you speak, I am certain you don't know what Namjoon could do."