Chapter Twenty-Four

The island may be luxurious and have everything someone in this place wants, but pregnancy symptoms weren't one of them. Scarlett knew that whatever mutant child she was carrying inside, the test said she had been two weeks pregnant.

It didn't make sense to be two weeks pregnant. She understood a week, but it wasn't possible for it to grow at a fast speed. She opened her bathroom door and raised her eyebrows at Greyson.

"You are only going to see darkness," Scarlett remarked.

"Just observing," Greyson said, glancing out the large window.

Scarlett approached him, shaking her head. How did they get away from all the death and dread by ending up pregnant?

"I don't think that is going to change anytime soon," she said, crossing her arms.

At least she wasn't noticeably pregnant, but that wouldn't happen for a couple weeks. Unless there is some change within this pregnancy where her stomach starts growing noticeably in a week.

"Let's go eat," she implied, but he glanced back at her with a smirk. "Eating food," she amended the statement.

They walked downstairs in their robes and entered the empty kitchen. Scarlett wasn't completely sure that Tumbles or Preston were snooping around and eating.

Cindy had been around, but mainly to nag at her. She bopped back to town to get information on pregnancy or see if Hanna knew anything.

No, Scarlett isn't going back to town. They may not have any means of transportation to take them back, but it's relaxing here. Even with everything Cindy has stated, Luke's back as one of those followers or whatever. He wouldn't just harm her but the baby too.

"Why do you keep getting sick in the morning?" Greyson asked with confusion.

"Perhaps I'm just sick," Scarlett said.

She doubted that pregnancy would ever cross Greyson's mind. It's not exactly something you think about at fifteen or plan, unless it's those reality television shows about teenage mothers.

"The town sounds like it's falling apart," he said.

"That's their problem," she spat, sitting down to pick at parts of an old muffin.

"Jason isn't doing a great job," Greyson implied with a smirk. "Not a surprise; I'm the better leader."

"Well, not everyone can measure up to your charm," she dryly stated.

Scarlett finished her blueberry muffin and climbed off the chair. Cindy appeared in the kitchen, dragging her upstairs. She was annoyed because she knew the topic without even having to guess.

Cindy opened her door and slammed it, letting out a sigh. "I found a book on pregnancy."

"I don't need help with my child," Scarlett remarked, crossing her arms.

"Yes, and how will it work out if Greyson notices?" Cindy inquired.

"He finds out," Scarlett said. Cindy sat down at the edge of the large bed. She flipped open the large book, scanning through it.

"And I think I figured out why it said your baby is two weeks old," Cindy stated. "I think because your baby is a mutant child or whatever." She seemed nervous about asking the next question.

"Are you going to ask when implantation happened?" Scarlett asked as Cindy nodded, her eyes directed at the book. "Last week."

"What if your baby can alter growth? Like how James or Stick increase muscle mass," Cindy said.