Chapter Thirty-Two

Greyson could see that there had been many people around the plaza. River had his own glowing light that centred him, while Scarlett stood on his opposite side. They did end up getting back to town and having to deal with unnecessary issues.

"I won't be surprised if those four interrupt your speech," Scarlett said.

"They won't," he said, as more people gathered. "I've heard about all the unfortunate events that have been occurring here. I'm sure it's been quite difficult."

There were murmurs in the crowd, with some head nods. He knew people weren't agreeing with what was happening, so it was his time to step up.

"I was having an incredible time with food, heat, and hot water," Greyson began. "I've also heard that my brother happened to abandon you during this difficult time."

"Nobody knew what to do!" someone called out.

"He's back in town!" another stated as Greyson flickered his gaze around the crowd.

"Brother, why don't you come forward?" Greyson called, grinning as people glanced around the crowd.

There had been someone walking from a distance as his brother's annoyed expression came into view. "Bella left him," Scarlett whispered.

"Turn to the crowd," Greyson ordered as Jason slowly turned at the bottom step. "This is the man who left you, correct? I was exiled from Simcoe, which means I couldn't help. However, I propose a new idea. If you allow me back in Simcoe, I can lead you."

"How can we trust you?" someone asked.

"Do you see any other choice?" Greyson inquired, as there was more mumbling in the crowd.

Greyson watched someone come forward, spotting Emma, lips pressed together, and stopping. She turned and looked at the crowd.

"We have to," she started. "Ashley wants to kill us just like she has been, and it's the only option."

"Who will stop that insane thing if you don't have me in Simcoe?" Greyson questioned, watching more come to agreement. "Since all of you don't like or trust me, you can pick sides: me or Jason."

Greyson only wanted to do this to get all these desperate people on his side. Emma speaking up gives more of an opportunity for people to join him.

"Jason and I don't like each other, just like his people don't like mine," Greyson said, placing a hand on his chest. "And as the healer who has saved most of your lives, shouldn't you trust her words?"

"Good choice."

Of course, it was a great choice. He was thinking of the best solution until that deranged thing attacked. It was the best method because there wasn't any other way in this situation, especially with whatever freak stopped the storm.

"With this, you're allowed to switch sides just like it's always been. Have we come to an agreement? Our agreement is that I get Simcoe and Jason gets whatever he has been doing."

Greyson flicked a finger as Jason fell on his back. "Yes," Jason spat, gritting his teeth.

"Perfect," Greyson said, clapping his hands collectively.

"Make the right decision."

"I got what I wanted," Greyson gloated.

"We're still in the dark," Scarlett said dryly, but he presented the light himself.

"We'll have people gather lighters, flashlights, and lanterns," he said. "See, everything will be fine," he kissed her quickly.

"Shouldn't you say those three words she said?"