i hate your girlfriend

a/n: idk if people are still reading this book but long time and hello :) got motivated writing for carolnat again, though maybe this motivation will disappear somehow eventually, but hey- i'm back and i'll try to update as much as i can!

creds: racmakecolor (tumblr)

.....

yelena was having a good day.

it's her first time in new york and she finally got to visit her sestra, natasha, after completing her long task of freeing the other widows from being psychologically manipulated by dreykov.

plus, it's christmas season. oh how yelena loves the thought of american christmases. and now, she's finally living it.

for the two days she's been in the big apple, she visited most of the spots in her list- from the empire state building to the statue of liberty to taking a walk at central park then having a late snack at high line, just watching people sit there and converse or do what normal people do on a regular basis.

natasha insisted to join her sister, giving her a tour. but yelena politely declined the offer and said she wanted to explore the city herself.

there was a sense of fulfillment for yelena. seeing the kind of life she's gonna have, now that she's freed from being manipulated as a black widow.

but yelena saved the rockefeller center, she wanted to visit and see that huge christmas tree with her dear sister. and she's so looking forward to it.

yelena enjoyed the day she had.

but the feeling totally vanished when she opened the door to natasha's new place and saw a lone figure of a blonde lounging in the couch, playing with that annoying cat of hers. what's its name? moose?

ah shit, here we go again. yelena thinks.

she's so sick of having the need to socialize with this woman, let alone breathe the same air she does. if it weren't for her sister, she would have already strangled this woman to death.

she did actually and almost succeeded if it weren't for natasha coming into that door and stopping her.

this woman is just so annoying to yelena. she doesn't care if she's the mighty captain marvel who helped saved the world. she just hates the woman, she doesn't know why, but she does.

but this woman is also who her sister, who she loves so dearly, loves. the love of her life, natasha once said, yelena almost puked. what is it with humans and the need to express their feelings? all the fucking time?

knowing carol is special to natasha is what keeps yelena sane in this situation or in other words, what's stopping her in murdering the glowing blonde woman.

her patience is always tested ever since she stepped foot in new york.

she walked pass carol, with that resting face on. yelena's too tired from the long day she had to even acknowledge her presence. thank god carol didn't even try to dither and let herself be, now playing with natasha's cat, liho.

yelena entered natasha's office.

"seriously, natasha?"