❃ Character Info ❃

Keya's family tree:

At the start of this story, our main character is introduced. This is her family at the time of chapter 01 and onwards. I tried to give an impression of what I imagine the characters to look like, although I hope to describe them further during the course of this story. Due to my own artistic limits, I used a character creator that I've linked below.

Lin (林): meaning 'forest', 'fertility goddess', 'gemstone' - Chinese

Lin (): meaning 'forest', 'fertility goddess', 'gemstone' - Chinese

Lin, an Earth Kingdom native, has birthed four children to her (late) husband, Kallik. She is 48 years old (being 43 when her husband passed) and has no bending background. However, Lin does come from a long lineage of Earth Kingdom nomads that alledgedly had some air nomad blood mixed in as well. She is described as beautiful & dutiful. She took care of her children and home while her husband was off to war. In her spare time she likes to cook and read.

Kallik (ᑲᓪᓕᒃ): meaning 'lightning' - Inuktitut

Kallik, born in the Northern Watertribe and previous Earth Kingdom citizen, was the late husband to Lin and father to Hun, Lei, Keya and Kanak. He was four years older than his wife, passing on at age 47. He had no bending background. Kallik was described as brave & rugged. He protected the freedom of Earth Kingdom citizens by fighting at sea. In his spare time he liked to write letters to his family.

Hun ( / ): meaning 'meritious deed' - Korean

Hun, oldest son of Lin and Kallik, is 19 years old. He is an aspiring earth bender, although bending is forbidden in his village since the Fire Nation took over, leaving him rather out of practice. Hun is described as loyal & brave. He works at a local mine in order to support his widowed mother. In his spare time he likes to work out and tease his younger siblings.

Lei (): meaning 'pile of stones' - Chinese

Lei, secondborn son of Lin and Kallik, is 17 years old. He cannot bend, but prides himself on his swordmanship. Lei is described as quick-witted & sharp. He helps at a local market place, selling fruit to support the household. In his spare time he likes to hang out with his older brother Hun or teach Kanak the art of swordsmanship.

Keya (केया): meaning 'monsoon flower' - Sanskrit

Keya, thirdborn and only daughter of Lin and Kallik, is 15 years old. She has no known bending skills, but does have a strong spiritual connection with her surroundings. Keya helps her mother at home, often using the opportunity to sneak elsewhere and hang out in the forest. Keya is described as curious & loving. In her spare time she loves to watch her brothers fight or wander the forest near her house.

Kanak (कनक): meaning 'gold', 'the golden one' - Sanskrit

Kanak, youngest son of Lin and Kallik, is 11 years old. He has no known bending skills, since the current law does not allow such practices anymore. Kanak studies maps, reading, writing and art, under tutelage of his mother. Kallik is described as smart & sweet (although depending on who you ask, he's more of a troublemaker than his siblings). In his spare time Kanak practices his swordmanship with Lei or tries to impress his older siblings.

Keya's skill chart at CH1:

On a scale from 0-10:

Offence: 1
Defence: 3
Character: 8
Mental strength: 6
IQ: 7
Bending: never tested/unknown
Stamina: 5

Offence: 1Defence: 3Character: 8Mental strength: 6IQ: 7Bending: never tested/unknownStamina: 5

Credit for character design maker used in the family tree: Maria Blowers (Meimrr) on Picrew https://picrew.me/image_maker/449524

A/N: Any questions or comments so far? I'll try to answer them here :)