~1~

You never realize how those crazy 'what ifs' can be true until you actually experience it. Like, "What if I got picked to be homecoming queen?" or, "What if I won the lottery?" or even, "What if the son of a multimillion-dollar company wants to be with you, but has to compete with his half-brother?"

A few months ago, I would've never thought any of those 'what ifs' could possibly happen. But after Ken Masidone showed up and showed me how that last one was true, I really think anything is possible. Especially after I made it my mission to be with said half-brother, but instead, proclaimed my interest for Ken to both his parents one sunny Saturday morning after being cornered by them and everything kind of just happened.

It was no secret they were thinking things were going to turn out differently. But even after I told them that I liked Ken, things turned out pretty well. I mean, I didn't get sent overseas, and Jenny didn't come and try to put me in an early grave.

I told Mr. Masidone what he wanted to know, and he and Mrs. Baker passed a couple looked to each other, then said okay to my choice in choosing Ken. Ken had finally decided to come out his room and he accepted, of course. Jayson got excited for us, Jenny and Jenifer took the walk of shame back home, my parents are extremely happy that everything went according to their plan, and everything is just all honky dory now between everyone. All the tension was gone, and I was actually feeling good about the whole thing while on a romantic getaway to the Bahamas.

However, that was just how last night's dream went. The other night Katie appeared in it as one of the maids and took out Jenny and Jenifer with a serving tray.

What really happened at the Masidone mansion after the morning started off downhill only stayed there. It wasn't anything how my brain keeps trying to make it seem.

"What are you all doing?" Mr. Masidone, Mrs. Baker, Jayson, and I turned to look down the hall to see Ken holding on to his crutch under his right arm, walking toward us.

"Well good morning Kenneth. It looks like that leg of yours is healing quite well." Mrs. Baker took her attention over to him, meaning it was finally away from me. But it was something about the way Ken was looking at us all that was telling me he wasn't exactly happy right now, and I don't think it has to do with the traces of bed head I've never actually seen him with.

"The two of you couldn't even wait until a reasonable hour to go harassing Misa. It's eight in the morning and the first thing you do is this? Forcing her to talk and make decisions that takes time to consider? Bringing all this pressure and tension is a bit excessive even for the both of you."

"That wasn't my intention for stopping by. I came in late last night, and I heard she was here." Mr. Masidone explained himself, "I didn't want to bother her then, so I just wanted to see how everything was going with her before I began my work this morning." He almost sounds as if he felt bad. But something was telling me he wasn't really regretting his choice to talk to me so suddenly this early in the morning.

"Misa and I have talked about everything already. You don't need to bring up situations that have nothing to do with you." Ken didn't get too close to us when he spoke, but I could feel the anger he had from here.

"My, my, such an interactive morning. Why don't we all just relax and enjoy this lovely day? Mama Baker has returned so why not have a special welcome back breakfast." Jayson spoke up again still trying to make the mood less—bad, uncomfortable, and slightly suffocating.

"Well Miss Macky, my apologies if you felt a bit threatened by my stopping by." Mr. Masidone turned back to me.

"Mine as well." Mrs. Baker added.