~7~

Another Saturday morning has come. The skies were clear, the birds were flying, the trees gently shook as a cool light breeze went through the air, and everything else was going completely opposite of how I was expecting today to go.

Waking up today, I only expected Ken to leave for the weekend. Not Sano coming back to existence and asking me over. Or Ken calling while I was at his house to tell me I was asked to talk to his not-so-easy to approach father again.

And certainly not for Sano, who hasn't seen that unapproachable father in years, to so easily ask to go with me to talk to him! But that isn't the crazy part about it.

Ken agreed to it!

He, of all people, should know that this probably isn't the greatest thing to do. Who knows what will happen by taking him there when the annoying duo could be home, and the wife that always questioned about the other person I said I liked.

Let's not forget Mr. Masidone, who only wanted to see me, and not the son that abandoned him. How do I explain him coming along? Would he actually be happy to see him since he's who he wants to talk about?

"You alright Misa?" Sano looked at me like I was going a bit crazy, which only makes me hope I wasn't speaking aloud. With the little pacing I was doing since hanging up the phone, it would only make sense to wonder if I was okay or not. We've been waiting for twenty minutes so far for our ride. With every waiting second I worry more and more about it. I should probably just relax. I mean Sano doesn't even look the least bit worried about this. But then again, I couldn't tell if he was planning some sort of assault right now. He never showed a lot of emotions, but now, it's like he's not even here right now.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I couldn't think of anything else to say.

"Do you want something to drink or anything while we wait?" he offered.

"No thanks. They'll probably be here soon anyways. He said they weren't that far away." The way my stomach was knotting, I don't think anything would get down.

"Are you bothered by my asking to go with you?"

"No, I don't have a problem with you going. But uh, aren't you the least bit anxious knowing you're going to see your father again?"

"Don't worry so much about that. I am a bit curious about how this will turn out, but it's nothing that you should be troubled over." Maybe he's right, I'm just over thinking things.

"Are you sure you're able to spare the time out of your day for this?" I asked still trying to see if this is really what he wants to do.

"I wasn't doing much today. It should be fine. I message my aunt saying I was leaving out, so everything is alright." I heard a honk outside. Then I got a message from Ken saying they were here.

"They're outside."

"Guess it's time to go then." He stood and looked out the window as if making sure they were out there. We walked toward the door before I stopped.

"Something wrong?" he asked.

"No, I thought I dropped something. But I have everything." I lied. It just came to me how both of us coming out of his house together will look to Ken and Jayson. Ken didn't say anything when he found out that I was here. But I can't help but think back to how he's previously acted toward me about guys, and how he even got jealous when I came here earlier this week to check on him.

Sano opened the door and walked out. I kept my head low as I followed behind him. We reached the car and he got in on the driver's side. I got in behind the passenger's seat. Ken was sitting there.